Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pre-reg 58 Corsa two weeks ago. I have a round trip of 68 miles to work each day, mostly on motorways, so I bought a 1.3 Diesel Ecoflex Life CDTi, rather than petrol models which I have usually had.

The salesman quoted me 74mpg for motorways. The brochure claims 49mpg for Urban Driving and 72mpg for Extra Urban Driving.

I calculated my mpg last week and I only achieved an average of 48mpg for the week.

Is there someting wrong with the engine? I feel I have paid extra for absolutely no return.

Thanks in advance,
jen_0_0

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll never get the quoted figures, unless you drive like a total saint, and even then it'll be some effort.

My 1.3CDTi (90PS) does 45-48MPG to work and back during the week( bit of urban then 10 miles on M/Way) but got 53+MPG on a long run to Leeds and back.

And I dont drive it like a saint at all!

I'm well pleased with it, miles better than the 1.4 Corsa D

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
early days if its a 58 plate will take a fair amount of miles before you get proper mpg figures. my last 3 diesels and 1 petrol have taken around a 6-12months from new before giving decent mpg.

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,813 Posts
You'll be needing to add a few more thousand miles before you start hitting closer figures - it took around 15-16,000 miles for my TDi to start easily attaining manufacturer economy figures...

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,813 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply guys - much appreciated.
I just had a bit of a panic thinking I had thrown away hard earned cash! I'll keep an eye on it.
It WILL improve over time :Cool2:

I was disappointed that i was getting low 30's from my car when it was new, but now i regularly hit 50, and average around 45, and im now at 55,000 miles... :lmao:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.