Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im at the moment replacing my whole interior in my sri,was just wondering if anybody knows if i/where i can get a brand new cav carpet if i can.cheers.

willie:D

·
22,199 Posts
Is the current carpet completely worn through willie?...if not, remove it, soak it in carpet cleaner and jet wash it to death...i did that to my old Calibra's carpet, and it came up like new.

Bit of a PITA waiting for it to bone dry, but well worth it.

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the current carpet completely worn through willie?...if not, remove it, soak it in carpet cleaner and jet wash it to death...i did that to my old Calibra's carpet, and it came up like new.

Bit of a PITA waiting for it to bone dry, but well worth it.
its worn thru at the front mate,thot id maybe try nd get a brand new one save me tearing one out another cav:up:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
You could always get a low mileage, unworn one and clean it like Paul suggests, its the only way really with going to the expense of having a custom carpet made. I looked into custom carpets a while ago, without much joy iirc. You could try looking in Practical Classics and alike for retrimmers etc.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Or do what i did in my 205Gti.

Removed the original red carpet, went down to the local carpet stores and got an off cut the size of my car in the colour and shade i wanted....and fitted it. lmao!

Lovely shag pile in a 205GTi! haha

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or do what i did in my 205Gti.

Removed the original red carpet, went down to the local carpet stores and got an off cut the size of my car in the colour and shade i wanted....and fitted it. lmao!

Lovely shag pile in a 205GTi! haha
your putting thots in my head.haha:Cool2: :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts