Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. just bought a replacement for my old 2.0 gls that was nicked an written off. i now have an immacuate M plate 2.5 V6 CDX but it has a few probs:
  • fair ammount of smoke when booting it using kickdown (but not from exhaust) appears to be from engine bay, burning oil?
  • rear blind makes loud clicking noise on retraction.
  • not sure if A/C is working as there is no light illumination on the front (temp feels same with or without the ac switch pressed)

there ar others like a pixelated MID on the dash, wheel wobble at speed and slow Sunroof but i think :think i know how to sort them ones.

advice on the bullet points would be appreciated.
Rob.

p.s: hooked on omegas now haha :wub:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how can i chec them? IIRC they are at the rear of the engine near the DIS pack.... and how can they be cleaned?:mmmm

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

Just noticed you have a 2.5 V6, in that case, check here for some breather cleaning tips.

This is an extract from the FAQ article I wrote...

Possibly due to an increase in crankcase pressure due to blocked breathers.

I completed the cleaning on mine back in early March 2006. Here's how I did the job, just for future reference.

Also, check this thread which shows the route that the breathers take in the ECOTEC breather conduit.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....light=breather

1 - Remove the scuttle.
2 - Remove the plenum chamber, as this will need a clean as well.
3 - Using carb cleaner, or paint thinners (work just as well) clean the plenum, around the throttle body especially.
4 - I then removed the black ECOTEC bit (1 torx bolt) and prised this off the plenum, blast it through with either some carb cleaner, or a combination of thinners and tap water/the high pressure attachment on a hose pipe.
5 - Blast the ECOTEC bit through with WD40, just to dry it out.
6 - Remove the big black, dual outlet breather pipe, which is located on top of the breather box.
7 - Attach this to your hose point on your tap, and blast through with water, you'll be surpised at the amount of crud that comes out.
8 - Spray some carb cleaner into the breather box, NOT TOO MUCH though.
9 - Use a screw driver, place into the breater box and scrape as much of the gunk from the neck of the pipe as you can.
10 - Don't go too deep, about 1 1/2 inches is enough.
11 - Remove the small breater pipe and use a pin to clear the little hole that is in the centre of this pipe neck.
12 - Blast the small pipe through with carb cleaner, or thinners and water, spray in some WD40 to dry it out again.
13 - Re-assemble, replace the O rings on the inlet bridge.
It's an idea to replace the cam cover gaskets at this time, as they may have taken a punishing from the heat, but mostly from the increase in crankcase pressure.

Clicking rear blind, they all do that sir :), look out for a suitable replacement TBH.

A/C, check the article I plonked in the FAQ as well :).

HTH,

James

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for that vectolosys, can you tell me a couple more things? one. what part is the plenum? and two. where can i find the compressor for the aircon? pics for both if anyone can help with that. never owned a V6 before so have little idea where things are. know a 16v bar quite well though hahaha:Cool2:

thanks again.
Rob:bananasmi

·
Registered
199 Posts
Plennum chamber is the big silver blob sitting on top of the engine stoping you from being able to see anything you want to get at :grrr , it also has ECOTEC in silver lettering on black plastic writen on it .:Cool2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey steve thanks for that. felt like a bit of a dope askin. but i still have questions... whilst under the front end i noticed a pulley that seemed to be part of the AC system...
not 100% tho. it would appear that someone has put the wrong belt on and it doesnt go round this or the little black wheel near it... could the belt be for a non AC variant? and is the little black cap near the oil filler for the AC re-gas as ther appears to be nothing in the system if it is... thanks

appologies for the repeated posting...:shame:

Rob:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts