Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoned the VX dealer yesterday to get the new reg for my new sport hatch that im ment to be picking up on the 1st of september. only to be told that it hasnt arrived and that there is big delays with factory ordered sport hatches. They say that it will be in around the end of september/Begining of October. After i was promised on the 17th of june when i ordered the car that it would be in withing 8 weeks and they would hold it till the 1st of september im really pissed off now. Apparently VX in Belguim where they are made has had a 2 week shut down over the summer so they are now behind in making new cars. after being promised a 1st of september pick up and even if you add the 2 weeks shut down into the 8 weeks thats 10 weeks and on the 1st of sept they will have had 12 weeks. Im not very happy with VX and dont they know it i have been down the dealership complainig, i have been calling VX UK (Spending over 1Hr total on hold) the dealership are contemplating giving me free alarm system as a guesture of good will (lets just wait and see on that). so basically guys if VX are fobbing you off with some bullshit the 2 week shut down just Before the new Reg is why cars have not been being delivered to dealers, if you are one of the lucky ones to have had a car straight off the Huge parking Lot VX have then enjoy your new car, and try not to rub it into us guys who have to wait even longer.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Maybe they are trying to sort out the Astra handling problem as shown in the new advert. It looks like astras just spin uncontrollably in a straight line and roll over worse than the old Suzuki SJ:bananasmi:bananasmi:bananasmi:bananasmi

Bad luck with the wait, I'm a now! now!! now!!! person too:D

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
We had an issue with renault in 2004. The issue went on for a couple of weeks longer than they said and as they'd had the full payment in advance of the original delivery date, we demanded that they provided us with a loan car of equal or larger size and with an auto box or return the money to us with interest. Our car appeared very quickly.

My uncle bought a new Astra c ouple of years ago too. He ordered it with SatNav and it arrived without it and a few weeks late. He took the car having been assured that the satnav could be fitted by the dealership. Not surprisingly, the dealership found that they couldn't fit the satnav to the required standard and after a bit of tooing and frowing, the dealer and Vauz UK agreed to supply him with a new car.

At this point he'd had the car for about a year. So he ended up with a new car for a year, then his own new car a year later. He also decided that the new car should be a different colour!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I ordered me car last July (2005) and was told early september (2005), then when that came it was late september then looking to be early October.

During this time they managed to "loose" me car twice, then was told that the transport company they were using abroad had gone bust, so me car was waiting at the docks going no where fast, and then when it landed in the country it "got lost" and then mircaculousy arrived at the dealership one afternoon when i rang them. :think I thought the 5 door came from Ellesmere Port??!!!!

See what freebies you can get, i managed to get a full tank of fuel and a set of car mats for mine.

i no its a bugger to have to wait as you just want to have your car and drive it off the fourcourt. But when the day arrives you'll forget about all the waiting you've had to do.

Keep us posted.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.