Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
1,647 Posts
Is this in anyway related to the Douglas Adams books?
Wacky syfy is all crap to people that don’t like it , i get fed up with all the same crap from the USA and so try to find the stuff that is just sa bit different and this is definitely different, and not for everyone,

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Wacky syfy is all crap to people that don’t like it , i get fed up with all the same crap from the USA and so try to find the stuff that is just sa bit different and this is definitely different, and not for everyone,
What on earth has that got to do with my question you've quoted?

I asked the question as I have read Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency and Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul books and wondered if they were connected to the TV show

·
1,647 Posts
So it'll be sh!t then, much in the same way the Martin Freeman version of HGTTG was a bit poo towards the end?
Re your quote it will be crap , one mans rubbish is another mans gold that what I mean no disrespect intended most the things I watch the wife think is rubbish but what’s life without whimsy

·
1,647 Posts
"Wacky syfy"? the bbc version of hgttg was excellent for it's day, as were the first 4 or 5 series of red dwarf.

I quite like the orville, a nice move back to where star trek should be, not this modern junk in the movies. It more scary that picard and co are over 30 years old now.

As for general series I'd watch every week, there's not much about, they are all very samey, in look and morals, and plot.
I like the Orville some great gages in it , you really should try the , expanse on Netflix it has a lot of good plot twists you never see coming,

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
On my list is Lost In Space, Dirk Gently, Good Girls, The Good Place.
Good Girls isn't too bad. But the GF likes it and it's better than having The Real House Wives Celebrity Island Shore on.

We did watch The Santa Clarita Diet and I enjoyed that.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've re-started watching The Tick, but watching with the GF so that's probably a weekend thing. And when she's at work, I've been watching The Punisher. I quite like the Marvel Netflix stuff, so after I've watched this season's Punisher, I'll get back to Daredevil next.

Also, coming on Sky is Batgirl, that looks decent.

·
Premium Member
15,169 Posts
I've been watching the latest series of "Alone", also watching Gold Rush, Gold Rush White Water, Gold Divers, all seem good. Although I watch mine through Virgin, as I have TV XL.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I watched The Irishman on Netflix and I was surprised how it kept me engaged through 3+ hours. Some great actors, but Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) as a gangster just didn't work for me.

·
Worn Out Member
6,450 Posts
Now i've had a fast internet connection put in we've just been trying netflix on a freeby months trial,
we both enjoyed The Crown (got through all 3 series o_O , fantastic HDR quality (y))
and The Irishman was better than expected once we got used to the fake de-aging.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've enjoyed watching The Good Place and also the 2nd season of Final Space. Previously, I'd mentioned GLOW, but the 3rd season didn't do it for me.

On Prime, I watched the TGT 'Seamen' episode. Decent enough and I think that, as a format, it's better now they're just doing the specials.

·
13,717 Posts
I watched the Irishman but got bored of it after 40 minutes.

I wanted to watch Baywatch, but we compromised and watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes instead.

Reactions: Boroboy
21 - 40 of 40 Posts