Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything you've seen recently that's worth a watch?

On Netflix, we've just watched GLOW - about 80's women's wrestling. Pretty funny in places. Really enjoyed it. Also made a change for a US series to be 10 episodes and ~30 minutes run-time.

Also on Netflix I've started watching a cartoon Final Space - think Futurama, but slightly older target audience - somewhere between Family Guy and Futurama. Some decent funny moments.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On Amazon - The Tick.

takes a couple of episodes to get into it but well worth a watch if you liked "Mystery Men" (1999 film) then it's right up your street.
Forgot about that. Watched a couple of episodes then stopped for some reason. One to pick back up.

The GF isn't massively into the Marvel shows, but I quite like them. Watched Iron Fist and I'm now working my way through Jessica Jones (ooer).

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
No you don’t need them after they have taken away 10 channels over the weekend without telling anyone until the day it was happening
Just been reading about that , virgin refuse to pay the bbc it's asking price .
Dave & Gold are paid for channels on the uktv bundle , virgin customers not happy & with good reason .

·
Premium Member
15,168 Posts
Just been reading about that , virgin refuse to pay the bbc it's asking price .
Dave & Gold are paid for channels on the uktv bundle , virgin customers not happy & with good reason .
Virgin have a habit of doing this.
I'll miss the Dave chanel, as I like to watch the new series of Red Dwarf.
I've been a Virgin/Comcast customer for over 15 years. Wasn't even informed by Virgin of the channels we were going to lose.
@carlos
I like Misfit Garage, I'm watching series 2 with Virgin. Not sure if you can get series 1 with Amazon now? With this series best to start at the begining, series 1, episode one. Then work your way through them.

·
Super Moderator
14,483 Posts
No you don’t need them after they have taken away 10 channels over the weekend without telling anyone until the day it was happening
out of all the 10 channels they took off, i only ever watched dave, and that was replaced with discovery turbo, and there is a hell of a lot more car programs on there, than on dave, :D:D:D

·
1,647 Posts
Netflix

Altered carbon, the expanse, dirk gently, last man on earth, Star Trek, , lost in space,

On normal tv , life in pieces, it’s four short stories but there’s often one that’s just makes you cry laughing

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't quite get into Altered Carbon. Watched a couple but it didn't quite grab me.

On my list is Lost In Space, Dirk Gently, Good Girls, The Good Place.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
According to Wikipedia, it's inspired by Adams' novel series.
So it'll be sh!t then, much in the same way the Martin Freeman version of HGTTG was a bit poo towards the end?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts