Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
You mean when you start it after it’s been sat over night or for a while it comes on ? Then after use it goes out? my assumption would be the alternator is doing it’s job (ie battery is going flat but being recharged but the battery is giving up) best to get a health check done on it, depending on how old it is might be best to change it especially now the weather is getting colder

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Who tested it ? Does sound like the alternator is working correct but if your dropping power while the car is stood the money is on the battery, either you have something that is drawing power from it while stood still (such as a glove box light for example) or battery on it’s lasts legs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for a motorsport company, so they have all the equipment, and I've literally replaced the battery in the last 3 months! I can't see any lights staying on after I take the keys out of the ignition...

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,127 Posts
My corsa diesel done the same thing and turned out to be glow plug relay was knackered,If you need one or

an alternator ive got a couple that work fine one with plug type and other with terminals

video for reference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts