Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv got a 2007 Vauxhall Zafira Life

The engine management light come on so took it to the garage to go on the machine got code P0171 but they have said the could be anything wrong with it pretty much and they also said it could need a new

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be and any ideas I could try.

Thankyou

·
everson38
117 Posts
Iv got a 2007 Vauxhall Zafira Life

The engine management light come on so took it to the garage to go on the machine got code P0171 but they have said the could be anything wrong with it pretty much and they also said it could need a new

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be and any ideas I could try.

Thankyou
Dont wirry to much as some garages like that open terminology if leaving it open ended just in case. What was the description gice with the P code. Also u never finished the sentenced, needs a new ???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for replying.
Not sure why the rest of the sentence didn’t come up, they said I could need a new throttle body.
With the P0171 code they said the fuel system lean.

·
Worn Out Member
6,441 Posts
They are just guessing,i wouldn't start throwing parts at it,
which engine is in the car ?

Reactions: Alan G H

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for your reply.
I’m not sure what engine it is, Iv only just started learning to drive. I will ring my dad and find out and then post what engine it is

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
So, the engine management light has come on. Other than that, are there any other symptoms, or is it driving normaly?
There are a couple of different 1.6 engines used in Zafiras, if you can post the registration number someone on here can look up the engine type.
If you search the forum for the "pedal trick", the car should give you a list of codes in the mileage read out (it will come up ECN and normally a six digit figure, scrolling through a list). Record these and post them on here, it might help someone to give you an idea of what is wrong.
Here is a link to the pedal test on You Tube:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou for your reply, I’m not very good with this sort of stuff as I’m only learning to drive.
Yes the engine management light come on and Iv been told it’s hunting (not sure what that means)
It went into the garage and had diagnostic done and I was given code P0171 fuel system lean, but they didn’t really explain what was wrong with the car or what to do to fix it.
The reg is YC57XPF.
I haven’t done the pedal test but I will give it a go and post the results.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,043 Posts
Hmm sometimes the computer won't reset, so needs a little encouragement or a reboot if you like. Which is why we always force the little sods to reboot. I can't check your engine code again st your regular as I am on my tablet. But I would advise you to find a good GM diagnostics out there, who knows how to check things, such as fuel trims. If you have an XEP or XE1 engine the most common issue is blocked EGR ports in the inlet manifold (design weakness) but it could be anything from an air leak to low fuel pressure. If it was that easy I would be writing this from my beach house in the sun lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankyou so much for your reply, sorry I don’t know much as I’m only learning to drive.
It did go to a garage yesterday and had diagnostics done but I might look at taking it to a GM for diagnostics.
My engine is Z16XE1 if that helps.
Yes I guess if it was that easy you would be writing from your beach house in the sun loo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts