Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i'm new to forums my wifes corsa recently got damaged in the floods in our area, I've already had a block replaced as the pistons had seized, I've replaced clutch and starter motor , and I have been told the ecu that sits in the engine bay is water damaged and needs replacing, has anyone done this previously ? do I need to have it programmed, what do I look for to make sure I get the right part ?, i'm not mechanic, but I have had someone look at it , they opened up the ecu and said water got on the inside through the pins and blown something on the board.

i'm not sure what I should be looking for or what to do next so any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
Our experts can advise you.
Plenty of Corsa D have had their ECU break so your not on you’re own.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Premium Member
14,492 Posts
The easiest way to do this is to buy yourself Opcom/Vauxcom from @Koicarpkeeper then buy a ecu from ebay with the same numbers thats been RESET or comes with it own 4 digit security code and do it yourself, takes about 5 minutes, you will also need the security code for your car.

Link to ecu, all you need is someone with Tech2 or as suggested above opcom/vauxcom and program it yourself,......

·
Registered
155 Posts
The car pass is the code that's allows you to programme that ECU every ECU has its own .

If you buy a reset ECU then you need to know your car pass for your old ECU to programme the new one

What car is it and what engine size ?
Do you know how to use opcom ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do I get my old code and never used opcom

Corsa d 1.2,

Is there a way to get the code if I buy one that's not reset, some of the ones on eBay say you need to reset and reprogram

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes it would need resetting because they don't have the code for it so once it's reset you can use your old code from your current ECU .

Regarding reading the code some can be done I'll check now mate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts