Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks.

I have a 2004 Meriva. I've gone throuh 3 ECU's before replacing it with an aftermarket ECU.

The car runs and drives, but have lost functionalities on the instrument cluster.

The aftermarket ECU only sends RPM to the can bus. So I'm missing coolant temp, speed and some dash lights.

I have an arduino with can-bus shield, but do not seem to be able to connect to the can-bus. I'm connecting to the same can-bus connection as the ECU.

I have done the following:
  • confirmed I have not swapped CAN-H/L wires
  • confirmed the bus is terminated. Have a 60ohm resistance across CAN-H and CAN-L
  • tried various baud rates: 125k 250k 500k, 33,6, and the list goes on...

What I want to achieve is:
  • inject coolant temp and speed onto the cun-bus, so that it will display on the dashboard
  • read various values from the canbus

What I need:
  • Anyone that can confirm the baudrate of the canbus.
  • Some pointers by someone who has something like this before.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

·
15,596 Posts
Meriva of that year is NOT CANBUS so it will never work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Learn something everyday lol ?
Didn’t know you could obtain aftermarket ECU.
The rest I’m not sure about , above my pay grade.
Mad Scientist?
The aftermarket ECU is produced by a company in South Africa. It is not specifically for any brand of vehicle. There is a fair bit of retrofitting and rewiring to be done.
https://powermods.co.za/ is the place I got mine from.

·
15,596 Posts
The Meriva uses KWP2000 but there are some CANBUS circuits, but not in the sense that you are looking for.

·
Worn Out Member
8,029 Posts
I think it's engine dependant but the green and white from the ECM will be can for ABS/TC/ESP etc

·
15,596 Posts
The radio and display are connected by Vauxhall's own version of CANBUS which is GMLAN.

·
15,596 Posts
I've always said that the Meriva A is non CANBUS but was corrected a few weeks back either by @andyl or @Nick H if I recall correctly who clarified things. Just had a quick search and couldn't find it though.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've always said that the Meriva A is non CANBUS but was corrected a few weeks back either by @andyl or @Nick H if I recall correctly who clarified things. Just had a quick search and couldn't find it though.
From the diagrams I have, combined with opcom, I have figured that the instrument cluster does have both KWP2000 and can-bus (maybe a variant of it) .

KWP2000 terminates on pin 12 on the diagnostic plug, but can-bus goes straight to the BCM, and from there to the ECU.

The radio and display are connected by Vauxhall's own version of CANBUS which is GMLAN.
That'll be my next project when I get my gauges to work

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
Dankie, my tande is geslyp vir die een!!

For those who does not undestand Akrikaans... It's a saying that means that "I'm ready for it", but directly translated from Afrikaans is "My teeth are sharpened for this one"
Very good , I like this type of stuff ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts