Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 Insignia Elite with the Navi 600 unit fitted. A number of months ago the DAB radio just stopped working, when selecting DAB it simply comes up with the same frequency and "no service" but the ability to select any further options such a stations or manually tune etc. are all simply greyed out.
I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem as I'm not sure I want to taking it into dealer to be told they can't anything wrong or a list of things to "try" before presenting me with a big bill.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Could be a bad reception to the dab aerial, fault within the silver box (the actual radio unit). Most likely will need some form of diagnostic check, but perhaps before this it may be worth disconnecting the vehicle's battery negative lead for a short time and see whether that makes any difference once connected back up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had disconnected the battery but it had no affect. Is the dab module accessible, my guess behind the main unit.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
It's down under the drivers side kickpanel by the accelerator pedal. You can take out that coin tray/little storage box and it's viewable/accessible from there - a black box about 4"x4" with a multiplug connector on it and also a coax connection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After locating the box and disconnecting and reconnecting the cables still no life. I purchased a replacement box from a breakers for £59, connected up and it works fine now. Obviously not very reliable component.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Well done at least it's fixed :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I don't currently have a DAB in my car but standard FM. If i was to swap out the FM receiver component discussed above with a DAB receiver, would the Navi 600 automatically recognise that its a DAB component and adjust accordingly?

Thanks
Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts