Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
VxON Car Wrecker
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well right now the cavvie is in the workshop being resprayed. It seems to be taking ages, but at least im doing it myself and keeping costs down.

This is only the second time ive done spraying, and i think ive jumped in the deep end, going for arden blue!

Well heres a couple of sneak shots so far

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Good for you taking the plunge mate. Looks like you at least have the space to do such prep/spraying. Are the photos above before the lacquer?

·
VxON Car Wrecker
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats pre laquer in the photos. Everything is going to kept standard....ish!

Its getting vectra door handles, the tops of the bumpers are being colour coded, and the door bumpstrips are being colour coded also. Headlight wipers have been removed, aerial relocated to roof. Eventually itll have a retrimmed interior, but i havent the time or the money at the moment

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
very nice mate - can't wait to see the finished article :)

·
VoxOn's other gsi nutter
585 Posts
Great work there mate, :cool: :cool: there was a pic on here ages ago of an ardent blue cav gsi, can not remember who's it was it looked great and the colour made the car look more modern too.:beer:

·
VxON Car Wrecker
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well lookin more modern is what im after. It was burgundy colour, whatever its called. It had been resrpayed previously, but really badly and all the laquer had peeled and reacted.

·
VxON Car Wrecker
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought it a couple of years ago as a complete shed. Its had new inner and outer rear arches, drivers side sill, both front footwells welding up, and the o/s rear chassi rail repaired.

The engine had the top end rebuilt, but now the bottoms going, but if itll last till easter ill do it then.

For the bumpers im still not totally decided. Ive got two sets of inner bumpers, one set im smoothing off, and the other set will remain black. ill decide what to do once its all painted and back together. I may go blue, or i may paint them dark grey/anthracite

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Bought it a couple of years ago as a complete shed. Its had new inner and outer rear arches, drivers side sill, both front footwells welding up, and the o/s rear chassi rail repaired.
Do your own welding do you?

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
looking good there mate, look forward to more piccies,

ive got shed loads more respect for people who have a go at things themselves, i did my own retrim and got loads of pride in the fact that i did the whole lot myself (aswell as saving a shed load of cash)

hope it goes well, and if it dont at least ya treid!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.