Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right thought it was about time I put up a thread on my Car. Its a Black Saloon Gsi with 79k on the clocks with full service history.

The first thing i found out about the car was that the airbag light did not come on when you turn the key. Which I did not spot when I bought it. So thinking its just a blown bulb set about to fit a new one. But soon realised that it hadnt blown it has been removed. why people do this is beyond me and really ****ing annoying. So got it hocked up to the old Tech 2 and turns out to be passenger airbag squib. So with that im mind managed to get one from Dave Marshall. Fitted it and had it reset oh joy no Red light now. Then I replaced the drivers airbag as that had a rip in it.

My next step was from this

to this, also note the nice new irmscher car mats as well. Well just about.

My next annoyance was the fact that my front fogs didnt work.
so from this

to this

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on the run up o christmas I had a noise coming from the engine bay. Which orignally thought was the alternator. As being a inline 4 fan the alternator was always at the top, but unknowing to me the tensioner was at the top. Well to cut a long story short after about 3 days the bearing failed. After getting it home later realised what it actually was ordered a new part. Now all I can say is what a pain it is to replace that tensioner those two bolts at the rear are very difficult to get to. All fixed happy days.

then a couple of weeks later the cambelt had slipped on me. Guess the above was is casued it to slip but who knows. So how still have this lovely job to sort. I also found out that the head gasket had gone allowing water into the oil ways and the rear exhaust gasket was blowing so looks like it will solve these two probs now anyway.

this is what i found when I removed the heads.

Just a quick shot of it before heads had come off.

alot of people have said 3ltr it, but I really want to keep the GSi to as near std or with factory mods as possible.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
RIGHT! That's IT! I'm going on Pistonheads!!! :rolleyes: :shake

Looking very tidy Kris... :cool:

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OUCH !

That was a wallet lightening experience !

Nice GSi btw !

Saloons FTW :D

well tbh i bought those brand new for only few £££'s more than i would pay for a second hand pair. So I was happy to part with the cash for that, and there only hella fogs, same thats fitted to the st24 and a few other ford cars aperently..

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bloody hell, looks a bit rotten down inside the block...!
hope its not rotten dave lol. well plan isget it back and running a flush the system a few times try and clear the c**p etc

1 - 20 of 65 Posts