Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Today i upgraded my vectra clocks to the silver ones , but my bulbs dont work on one side , they used to come on when i punched the dashboard but now dont , when fitting this silver surround i took the clocks completly out and dusted around and shoke the wires , the bulbs are not blown either , Anyone able to shed some light of how i can get these to work? as i have to take speedo out again anyway because the 2 clock buttons on the computer dont work now :lmao:

hopefully this link will work

http://photobucket.com/albums/e303/matt23uk/?action=view&current=DSC00128.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
You tried adjusting the brightness on the clocks by the headlight switch ?

edit: looked at picture looks like a duff bulb swap em over and see if that makes a difference, i.e. what lights up then....

T

·
0 Posts
If you are sure the bulbs are deff not blown....then i would think it must be a break in a pcb track that supply the 12v and ground to them.
When you take the clocks out again, have a look carefully for damage to the tracks or pcb.....can be easily fixed with a soldering iron.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found the problem , was the cup the bulb sits in and i cleaned up the bulb connection and seems to work ok now , but dunno for how long as this is a Vectra !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts