Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1995 2.5 V6 Cavalier CDX Saloon Stats:

Engine:

C25XE powered, F25 Transmission – Currently on 168k (engine rebuild at 132k)
Courtenay Sport High Lift Camshafts (4 of)
Courtenay Sport CS15 Performance Package (includes headwork)
Courtenay Sport ECU re-map
Courtenay Sport Flywheel (i found another receipt and it has the flywheel fitted!)
Custom Stainless-Steel mesh air filter
Scorpion Monza Cat back exhaust system

Power unknown, but will be remapped again soon and i should know more then. :)

Interior:

Cloth interior
AC
Electric everything
CD Player etc

Exterior:
Standard apart from tow bar and exhaust.
CDX chrome badges on the front wings

Stereo:

Standard OE CD player

To do list:
replace gearbox – Turned out to be clutch only! - DONE
Confirm/replace FPR
Fit Magnecor KV85 HT Leads
fit new plugs
full engine service including (fuel/oil filter etc etc) - DONE
Cambelt & Water pump - Got bits, not done as time isnt soemthing i have! - DONE
fit headlamps for MOT - DONE
replace/repair manifold for MOT - DONE
replace wheels - DONE - Cheers Dunc!
Sort electric aerial
Sort out rust on front of car
fully detail and sort the paintwork
replace interior – unsure of what for yet though.

I'll add to the list as i go, as im sure ive missed plenty off! Shes getting there.

As promised, he's some pics of her... Only just had some time to give her a quick clean, though she needs a thorough t-cut.

managaed to get the headlamp on, just waiting for the other new one and other things for her MOT.

Basically i came across this vehicle via a friend, who sold it to me for £150, needing a new F25 box... However, once i took the gearbox off i found a nice suprise....it was the clutch pressure plate springs that had destroyed themselves....a full clutch kit later and its perfect.

Should finally have it MOT'd by end of next week, and on the road finally.

Ignore the wheels, as ill be getting the ones dunc has for sale on tuesday hopefully.

Anyway, without further talking, here she is.

Hope you like her, ill be adding pics as things progress. got alot to do to her over the coming weeks. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more. :)

Comments are more than welcome...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill be able to when i sort this frigging manifold. lmao.

Got the other new headlamp arriving tomorrow with some gaskets among other things, went abit mad and ordered loads for it, the most of which should be here then. :)

Already replaced the battery, the NS headlamp (christ that motor coupling was a mahoosive tit!), and ill be fitting the new gearbox oil filler plug, new sump plug, the new bonnet pull, the other headlamp and removing the manifold all tomorrow hopefully. :)

I hope to have it booked in for an MOT on monday, maybe even sooner if this manifold can be welded as ivll have the gaskets and might just refit it tomorrow again.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Yeah there is a knack to the headlamp motors lol!!!:lmao:

Best of luck with it! Join VxON and bring it to the rolling road day at Jamsport:up:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your telling me! :D I spent an hour trying to connect the little barstewards! In the end i used a 1/4" drive extenstion connected to a 9mm socket and found that snapped it in place. lol. bloody thing!

I plan to mate, but right now, the cambelt is far more important than anything else... i wanna change it as its been stood for abit now, and is due replacement anyway. Hopefully that can be done asap really, but until its MOT'd and taxed im not concerned about it as it wont actually be used.

I look forward to seeing how much she kicks out though....looking through the host of Courtenay receipts i have and from looking on here it should be around 230hp plus....thats mad! :D

Ive driven plenty of fast cars on a regular basis, and this feels lightning quick as well, so it might even be right....i just dont know until i see it for myself. lol. I want the proof, the papers. lol.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the headlamps and the manifold sorted now, but in that new found silence the bearings in the tensioner/idler are knackered so its cambelt before MOT now. :(

Ive got the parts already, just waiting for some time or someone to fit them if ive enough money.

God this is taking forever, i so want it on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Got the headlamps and the manifold sorted now, but in that new found silence the bearings in the tensioner/idler are knackered so its cambelt before MOT now. :(

Ive got the parts already, just waiting for some time or someone to fit them if ive enough money.

God this is taking forever, i so want it on the road.
How can you tell if the cam belt is likely to need replacing?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wheels look seriously shagged tho... and photographing it in the wet to hide a few sins me thinks ;) hee hee

still cracking colour mate... i hope you have put the courtenay lightened flywheel in as well?
None of the mods were done by me thankfully! but iv e full paperwork for everything done by Courtenay Sport. it hasnt had a lightened flywheel though, as i didnt see any evidence of it when i removed the gearbox and there is no paperwork to support it either.

And yes the wheels are proper shagged, hence replacement as the tyres are all under the wear limit too!

Should finally have it on the road by the week after next. Getting the wheels tomorrow or tues and hopefully mot and cambelt by friday... then tax and shes sorted. i cant wait.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How can you tell if the cam belt is likely to need replacing?? :rolleyes:
Its mainly by sight, but in my case its the idler or tensioner protesting at being used a moment longer. lol.

Its all being sorted on friday though, and come friday evening my car will be taxed and mot'd and ready to prowl the streets. ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now MOT'd and relieved of another 600 notes! :O

Still, shes road legal come tomorrow when i get tax. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oi, behave, shes only 4!!

Anyways, some updated pics of the car, all taken recently and probably seen in main chat but should really be in here!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The phone kit i recently added:

And whats planned for this winter (time and money permiting)

Buy myself another Cav, probably a TD lol.
Rip this engine out and replace with a X30XE
Supercharge it
Full vectra dashboard conversion with Recaro SRi interior
Senny digital dash
Possibly Vectra trip computer IF i can wire it in to work instead of the Cav one.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hehe you do like photographing it wet eh ;)
Yeah, its the only time i could do it and i was off out to Skegness for the day and i knew it would be dirty when i came home...so wet it had to be! ;)

Dont worry though, im not hiding anything sinister! :lmao:

Ill take the next lot of it bone dry just to suit you mate! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts