Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Likes this.
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My weekend started on Saturday morning, with me eagerly awaiting the postman's arrival to see if my ticket and stand pass was going to get to me before Sunday. Needless to say it didn't arrive, so after a phone call to Marc and Dave I arranged to meet Dave at the Towcester services early Sunday Morning.

The weather down my way was dreadful Saturday so I only had time to vacuum the inside and give the outside a wash (in the rain - much to the amusement of my neighbours :lmao: ). The rest would have to wait until I got to Silverstone on Sunday.

Went to bed about 11ish Saturday night. Got woken up at about 2am by Beth (our youngest) having a scratch-a-thon and crying (poor thing :(). Went back to sleep until 4:09am. Got up, got the food together and loaded stuff into the Vectra - and finally got on the road for the 120 mile trip at 4:40am.

There was a bit of fog around for the first part of the journey so I took it easy to begin with, the roads were wet, it was drizzling most of the way up too and I wished I hadn't bothered washing the car the day before :grrr

Got to Towcester Services at about 6:20 iirc, so that was 120 miles in 100 minutes - not bad at all :D Average speed on trip comp was 70mph, average fuel consumption was 31ish. Phone Dave to ask him where he was and he was in Luton so I knew I had a while - so I joined the Jet Wash queue :lmao:

Dave arrived about 30ish mins later and gave me my ticket and stand pass and we headed back to Silverstone. Got there to find our stand was a little on the small side!!! Anyway, everyone managed to get parked on the stand without it looking like the car park it did at PVS so at least that was better.

Gave the car a quick chamois, polish and general tidy-up, said hello to other VxONers and went for a wander.

Was generally a great day, watched some track action, a few 0-60 sprints, had a wander round the other club stands and the trade areas. The bad weather held off fortunately. Watched some of the Drifting championship later in the afternoon. Was really interesting. For about five minutes. After that it was very boring - and people say F1 is crap!

Stayed at the show until about 6:15ish and by that time it was quiet enough to get out quickly.

The drive home wasn't anywhere near as quick as the drive up though. The M40 was chocka with traffic and I was getting tired by the time I hit Chieveley Services so I stopped for a coffee. Finally arrived home just after 9pm, some 17 hours after I woke up!!!

Anyway, that's enough drivel from me. As I've already said, was great to catch up with those I already know and good to finally get the chance to say hello to some others :D

Pics to follow........

·
Likes this.
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
VxON members on the track -

Not the best vantage point, with the bloody fence in the way

Moved to a better viewing place for the rest of the pics & took this XR2 too 'cos I liked it!

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
nice shots

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
phew, no stickers.....

And I did get in the way... :rolleyes: :rollin :O :shake

·
Likes this.
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And some other random shots from my wander around.....

This was my favourite car of the show! For sentimental reasons as well as the amount of work that's gone into it....

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,446 Posts
:eek2: Do I see a turned out wheel there Steve :rolleyes::p

Good pics, as ever!

·
Likes this.
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:eek2: Do I see a turned out wheel there Steve :rolleyes::p
:lmao:

Everso slightly turned out :p

Not purposely though, just didn't bother to straighten up after I'd reversed into my space :Cool2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts