Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only managed to get a few pics before the battery died on my phone, but here they are

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All started saturday morning at 7am, with me panicking, running around my house trying to work out what i needed to take with me. Eventually got myself sorted, and left my house at 9am, needing to stop at Halfords on the way to pick up a couple of bits for Mark. Got to Gordano services just before 10am, to find Mark waiting there, and i was almost followed into the car park by Joe (Kneo Ghau) who pulled up alongside the Speed Culture convoy!
Just as we were about to leave the services, realised that I had left my chair at home, so dashed into the shop to buy one, then we were off, anticipating arrival at Billing for about 2pm.
So, having had a clear run all the way, we pulled into the campsite at just after 12.30pm, and after Mark had blagged cheap entry for us, we found ourselves a decent sized space and set up the now legendary air condo!

Eventually, after a lot of stares and whispered comments of "what the hell is that" from passers by at Mark's tent, the SE convoy arrived, led by Matt with his huge exhaust. Those who had tents set about pitching them in the wind, which was entertaining, and then myself Matt and Trish set about washing my car, before Mark rinsed it off with a few buckets of water (mostly aimed at Goonas' Astra, which he wasn't best pleased about!)
By this time, the England match was about to start, so jumped in Matt's SRi and drove to the pub - which probably took longer than if we had walked! Sat in the pub watching England's shooting practice, then made our way back for something to eat. Went to bed several hours later, only to have Matt removing the guide ropes for the tent. Got rudely awakened by a northern voice at 4am, and couldn't get back to sleep afterwards, so got up, packed the tent away, and then left for the show just after 6.

Once we arrived at Silverstone, we managed to find our spot pretty quickly, and Nic went about organising the parking with Mark attending to Rob's emergency. Have to say, despite the appalling size of our stand, Marc and Nic did a cracking job of utilising the space we had. Well done fellas. Trish then voluntarily polished Matt's SRi and my V6 (mine is still shining now!). Went around the stand, introducing myself to members i hadn't met before, then headed off to watch our guys blast around the track. Had a bit of a wander around the show, then towards the end of the day, watched Matt take his SRi on the sprint, before finally having a bite to eat while the queue subsided, then finally heading home at just after 6pm. I got home just after 10pm, and pretty much went straight to sleep!

All in all, a fantastic weekend, and i'll definately be there next year, possibly even with the same car!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
yeah, strange that it should happen to 2 people!
Isnt it just! There must have been a few people removing guide ropes that night :D

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah, think it was just Matt doing the rounds!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
nah, think it was just Matt doing the rounds!
I think you could be right! Well he cant hide forever :lmao:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts