Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My dad had a Clio in the early 90s, a K-reg 2ltr one. Was a nice enough car, but once out of its 3 year warranty it failed the MOT every single year on emissions - it even went back to Renault UK one year to see if they could fix it and work out what was going on. They couldn't. Every year it needed a new catalytic converter and various sensors - dad used to just take it in for its MOT after 11 months so all the work was still under warranty so at least he didn't have to pay for the parts every year!

He swore he'd never own another Renault after that.

We've got a Dacia Sandero Stepway that Lisa's had from new in March 2014 (I can't be responsible for this purchase as we didn't get together until July 2014 :D ). It's very basic but it does what we need it to do, pottering about locally and the odd trip to Southampton (22ish miles). To be fair to Dacia, it's been good as gold so far in the almost six and a half years she's had it - but it's only done about 27,000 miles :LOL:

You can tell the Dacia is a budget car though, the paint even chips on it if you stare at it too hard. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I can't see anywhere to add any adblue on the car at all. There's usually another filler by the fuel filler isn't there? There's nothing there in my Leon, just the filler for the diesel.
The filler could be in the boot, that's where it is on my boy's car (under the spare wheel cover).

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The filler could be in the boot, that's where it is on my boy's car (under the spare wheel cover).
There's definitely nowhere to fill up the Adblue on the car anywhere, so I can only conclude that it doesn't have any :LOL:

Oh, and I've also now got a spacesaver in the boot instead of just the can of tyreweld and a compressor :) Feel a bit safer now.....

20200701_145405.jpg

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's a couple of pics to show the difference in the adjustable floor in the boot.....

Floor "up"

20200701_145417.jpg

Floor "down"

20200701_145430.jpg

Opens it up a fair bit I think. When the floor is "up", from what I've read it means it would create a level loading area when the rear seats are down.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Couple of quick car park pics taken from our trip to Swanage yesterday, just to show the shine I've got on it now (without the rain :LOL: )

20200705_160614.jpg
20200705_160626.jpg

·
Yawn.
13,805 Posts
Looks well Steve, saw it on FB but didn't realise you'd ventured back on here. :)

I like the Leon STs, did look at a couple of these myself before opting for the familiarity and size of a 3rd Mazda6 - though do still occasionally look at the Cupra ST as a potential change (along with funnily the Octavia vRS or Focus ST wagons aswell!...) though still unsure if this option is too much of a compact estate for me? Sounds like you have the same feeling about the size even though it has the flexibility in the floor etc?

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks well Steve, saw it on FB but didn't realise you'd ventured back on here. :)

I like the Leon STs, did look at a couple of these myself before opting for the familiarity and size of a 3rd Mazda6 - though do still occasionally look at the Cupra ST as a potential change (along with funnily the Octavia vRS or Focus ST wagons aswell!...) though still unsure if this option is too much of a compact estate for me? Sounds like you have the same feeling about the size even though it has the flexibility in the floor etc?
Thanks Dave, yeah I've been posting on here again for a while now - not had a vauxhall since 2014 but it always seems to draw me back :LOL:

I looked at the Mazda 6 initially, along with another Mondeo, but an estate this time. They both seemed a bit too big for my needs now if I'm honest, so that's why i started looking at the slightly smaller Octavia, Focus. Leon etc.

If all had gone to plan and I'd managed to keep the Mondeo for another couple of years, I would have probably gone for the Octavia to be honest as it's just that little bit bigger - but I'm in no way disappointed with the Leon ST at all now I have it, and like I said in a previous post I think, the actual litre capacity of the Leon ST boot over the Mk3 Mondeo hatchback that I had is around 50 litres more! I know that doesn't always tell the full story, as the extra space may not be as usable, but I'm pretty confident that I won't struggle too much to get everything I need in the back of the Leon for my occasional camping trips :)

It doesn't feel small to drive, and certainly doesn't feel like an estate at all!

I'd have loved a Cupra ST, and may well end up regretting buying the Diesel FR if I end up working from home permanently, as I could have afforded the fuel bill for a Cupra then too! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
15,127 Posts
Nice looking estate Steve. Led DRL's & door mirrors are a nice touch too. Which I also liked on my previous Leon. I can also se that you've got the spare fitted too :ROFLMAO:Not having Adblue is a bonus too.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice looking estate Steve. Led DRL's & door mirrors are a nice touch too. Which I also liked on my previous Leon. I can also see that you've got the spare fitted too :ROFLMAO:Not having Adblue is a bonus too.
Thanks George. The lights are actually full LED, and took me a bit by surprise when I first drove in the dark as they are so white! I've never had white lights before :LOL:

Yep, spare went in as soon as it arrived from the ebay seller. Hopefully I won't have to use it, but would prefer to have to use that rather than be stuck at the side of the road with a blown tyre that can't be filled with tyre foam :)

·
Premium Member
15,127 Posts
Thanks George. The lights are actually full LED, and took me a bit by surprise when I first drove in the dark as they are so white! I've never had white lights before :LOL:

Yep, spare went in as soon as it arrived from the ebay seller. Hopefully I won't have to use it, but would prefer to have to use that rather than be stuck at the side of the road with a blown tyre that can't be filled with tyre foam :)
Yep I owned the tec pack Leon too, the LED haedlights worked great. Very white, worked extremely well on B roads too, on dip, just as you'd want them to. Helps when you can actually see where you are going :ROFLMAO:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts