Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I would like to thank Dave and Mark for organising a great day out and it was a pleasure to meet some great and sometimes odd people

All in all the figures people recieved were about right although there were a few descrepencies, There was Japcavs which im sure you have read in her thread where there was a 20bhp loss from her dyno results last week. Then there was Andy H's standard 2.0 Ecotec producing 153bhp. Yet Micky (c3mky) was well pleased with his 152bhp result from his standard cav gsi and the results from my car which is why I believe that maybe the RR was correct.

Dests and Dan Gliballs cars were just what I expected having never seen them in the flesh. They were great looking cars producing some nice power. Torquemada's 2.5 V6 was nice making around 192bhp, and Dunc's 2.5 v6 cav making an astounding 223bhp

There was a problem initally running my omega auto because basically as there were trying to get a smooth reading from it the auto box kept kicking down (which it is ment to do) so it took them 6 or so runs to get a decent figure from it which was 206bhp @ 5973rpm.which is spot on for the factory figure for the car, I am really pleased with that as it is totally standard and has done 170000 miles

Just to show how standard cars can vary there was another 3.0 Omega which was only producing 188bph.

They did say that my car reached 210bhp at one point though so I dont know why I got a graph for 206bph.

The graph looks a little rough but thats because an auto box keeps changing gear and the tourque converter locking up. unlike a manual where they get it into 4th or 5th at low speed then just allow the car to accelerate.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
you graph did show 210bhp but that was due to the graph not being smoothed, by myself lol! there was a flick up that jumped the power figure up 4bhp, after i smoothed the curve the flick dropped out the way so not to effect the power figure.

hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The corsa you have is nice broster, shows how it should be done :)

And nice meeting you and Helen Bri.

Dan & Kate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
lol, cheers danuk, forgive me for not knowing what cars your, i should know having been typing the reg numbers and names into the computer then standing watching them all lol

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
Good to meet you again Dan...and your good lady!

Have to say, you really have done your car justice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts