Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share a few images of my new baby the 2016 Viva SL which I bought 28th June 2016.

It was 5 months old and an ex demonstrator with 3500 miles on it, its the pre OnStar model as registered two months before it was fitted as standard to the SL but does have the option winter pack.

I am very pleased with it :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle City car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just sold the Viva! What a pain of a car literally, I could not drive it more than 20 miles without neck pain and 50+ mile serious pain. Apart from that its engine management drove me nuts, talk about jerky! The ecoflex engine is much smoother and more grunt but the normal one is gutless and neurotic. It was noisy, awful tyre noise and wind noise too. We were planning to go away last weekend, we did not as I would not drive it, so what’s the point of having it.

My advice is do not buy a Viva.

·
Premium Member
13,383 Posts
I just sold the Viva! What a pain of a car literally, I could not drive it more than 20 miles without neck pain and 50+ mile serious pain. Apart from that its engine management drove me nuts, talk about jerky! The ecoflex engine is much smoother and more grunt but the normal one is gutless and neurotic. It was noisy, awful tyre noise and wind noise too. We were planning to go away last weekend, we did not as I would not drive it, so what’s the point of having it.

My advice is do not buy a Viva.
A big difference to your first post in this thread........:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Once the novelty had worn off and I really got to know it then it became a pain literally, one of those cars that I found very uncomfortable to drive. Its a common story, you get 20+30 mins test drive and seems OK, on short trips OK but take it on its first long run and you really find out if its for you or not and the Viva is not for me.

Don't get me wrong a nice little car and well built and very well equipped but no good if you can't drive it as too uncomfortable and casing physical pain. I spent 3 weeks and a 1000+ miles trying all variations of seat position and various after market lumber and neck supports but none worked alas, I could not shake my shoulder and neck pain. Yes I found the engine management annoying but not enough to dump the car over, same with the interior noise but as I am sure many of you are aware when your not comfortable in your seat all issues no matter how small become big ones.

I would not class the Viva as comfy but thats how it is for me, the next person it may fit like a glove. As I said the ecoflex engine is better, much better. If I had been OK driving the Viva I would have changed this one for an ecoflex one pretty soon.

So I thought best get rid of it PDQ before its value drops too much, yes I lost but not much as it was still young and I got a great deal when bought it. Another few weeks and the 66 plate out and I would have lost a lot, so just gotta chalk this up to experience.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
If you need comfy seats I suggest a vxr or buy seats and fit to next car, I can sit in mine for 8 hours straight and feel great still... I drove my Mrs corsa d Friday night 3 hours / dinner / 3 hours and my neck and back were sore AF

·
Premium Member
13,383 Posts
My SRI seats are OK but who has an @rse that fits perfect between those 2 bolsters, when I bought the car the drivers seat bolster on the right was already flatten/miss shaped from probably getting in and out of the car, now it may not be related but if I sit in a certain position I can get cramp at the back of my thigh close to my knee, but if I fidget about it will go.

·
Super Moderator
28,341 Posts
Once the novelty had worn off and I really got to know it then it became a pain literally, one of those cars that I found very uncomfortable to drive. Its a common story, you get 20+30 mins test drive and seems OK, on short trips OK but take it on its first long run and you really find out if its for you or not and the Viva is not for me.

Don't get me wrong a nice little car and well built and very well equipped but no good if you can't drive it as too uncomfortable and casing physical pain. I spent 3 weeks and a 1000+ miles trying all variations of seat position and various after market lumber and neck supports but none worked alas, I could not shake my shoulder and neck pain. Yes I found the engine management annoying but not enough to dump the car over, same with the interior noise but as I am sure many of you are aware when your not comfortable in your seat all issues no matter how small become big ones.

I would not class the Viva as comfy but thats how it is for me, the next person it may fit like a glove. As I said the ecoflex engine is better, much better. If I had been OK driving the Viva I would have changed this one for an ecoflex one pretty soon.

So I thought best get rid of it PDQ before its value drops too much, yes I lost but not much as it was still young and I got a great deal when bought it. Another few weeks and the 66 plate out and I would have lost a lot, so just gotta chalk this up to experience.
I'm a taxi driver , i can tell you from experience that if your spending long hours driving you need a car with a good ride quality ( not firm ) , good positioning of pedals from your seat ( so your not having to twist ever so slightly ) & a steering wheel that puts your shoulders back nicely . These criteria rule out most small nippy cars & any car that's got a sports set up ( 18 inch plus size alloys , sports suspension etc ) driving these cars gets very tiring over long hours . My Astra H fits the bill nicely , however my old Skoda A5 had long seat bases which meant the edge of seat always rubbed the back of my knees / calls making trousers ride up a tad i sort of got used to it but it was very irritating .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts