Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Saab was only a temporary car, made £170 profit on it yesterday so decided to have a peek on ebay and see what was about.
Bidded on the Vectra a couple of times and went to £400 iirc. Got outbid so decided to bid a max of £540 and leave it at that. Won it and as the guy works lates, me and the missus decided to plod on over to pick it up (82 miles door to door and although i was happy to get it today, the missus decided no time like the present :) )
Got there about 0030hrs, had a good look and a test drive, all seemed well apart from a couple of small bits but nowt major that i cant deal with and ended up leaving about 30mins later. Stopped at Chievely Services to change over the h/u as it needed a code and i was not driving back with no sounds so changed it over, fuelled and added fluids, and slow timed it back with my missus in the lead just in case.

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Leather interior is 100% immaculate, handling is very good, all windows work, only interior problem is no illumination on climate control panel but all heats up as it should, temp gauge does not do anything stupid and was averaging 34mpg on the way home so im happy :)

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
looks much better in your pics, whats with the two aerials?

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the aerials is a mobile one so might keep it if it works lol.
As for the headrests, i have never liked them in the rear and normally take them out anyway. The rest of the interior is possibly one of the best i have seen for the age of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Looks good mate...tidy enough.

·
Likes this.
12,022 Posts
Really surprised me stu to be honest. Never been particularly drawn to the estate vectra's but kinda growing on me :)
like for like, they handle better than the hatchbacks and saloons :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.