Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well no, its not a vauxhall, but with my back up against the wall to find a decent reliable car quickly, i came across this, and decided to buy it.

It's proven to be a pretty good car, very high spec (lots of toys) and a good driving machine.

Here are the pics, pretty big, and not great, so sorry guys :):

·
I dont fear the Reaper, Reaper fears me
6,869 Posts
I was looking at Primera SRi's a few years back [ older shape ] as they was plenty of talk of them being good and reliable plus as you say get plenty of toys in general with them!
Looks in good condition to , Any plans for it or is this simply work horse ?

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH its pretty fine the way it is... spec wise i want for nothing

-digital climate control
-air conditioning
-6 cd changer in boot
-stereo with steering wheel controls
-half leather interior
-electric sunroof
-pressure headlight washers
-xenon projector headlights
-front and rear fogs
-spoiler with brake light
-sunglasses holder ;)
-map lights
-16" alloys
-arm rest
-trip computer
-remote central locking with alarm
-pushbutton release for boot

its really well specified, and theres not a trick missing on it. Whats more amazing is, it ALL works!! try that on a vauxhall lol.

What i do fancy doing, is sorting out a better exhaust for it. Apparently the manifold on the later 144 shape, is very restrictive. You can get stainless 4-2-1 manifolds for as little as £100 for them, so likely will do that, and get a nice cat back system.

Otherwise, not inclined to change a thing. I even quite like the alloys.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
excellent.
looks in good condition

can you do a swap with the manifold from a p11 gt?
might be worth looking into

bring on the taxi comments

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its the same manifold as the P11... it is afterall the same engine. The only difference is that my car has an extra rear 02 sensor.. but that can be welded on by any half decent exhaust place. So i'll probably find somewhere that will do me a stainless system, and get them to fit up the manifold at the same time.

Not sure how many Primera sports would be used as taxi's... the suspension is brutally hard.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
30,096 Posts
Lovely BMW you have there fella.

Is it an M5?

;)

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know mate, i test drove a 1998 BMW 528i SE Auto.. and it was utterly gorgeous... but i still dont have a proper full time job, so cant justify a car like that. if it broke, i genuinely couldnt afford to keep it.

For the time being im trying to be somewhat sensible, so trying to have the best car i can, that wont cost me a fortune to run, in either fuel or maintenance.

If i get a new job in the next few months, then i'll sell this one, and get myself a nice E39 5 series (having driven one, i know i want one)

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Not sure how many Primera sports would be used as taxi's... the suspension is brutally hard.
exactly - but that doesn't seem to stop the comments!

I really like it hard, so to speak
it's very rewarding to drive enthusiastically

only thing I would change on my GT is a quicker steering rack / setup
don't know if the P11 144 is the same

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steering feels very sharp. and the steering lock is terrible, everything is a 3 point turn lol.

The only thing I'd like, is just that extra little bit of power... so we'll see about that over the coming months. Stainless manifolds are amazingly cheap for them, as are exhaust systems.

·
Less talk, more action
2,734 Posts
spec wise i want for nothing

-pushbutton release for boot
Aye, you were clutching at straws with that one dude... :lmao:

But in all fairness, not a bad effort... positively genius decision compared to some of the garbage you were on about! These go well and are fairly bombproof too, few electrical niggles and rusty bck brakes but on the whole a decent bit kit. Earlier spec GT in that mad flip paint would be cool and rare!

Good effort lad... 6th time lucky eh!

:Cool2:

·
I dont fear the Reaper, Reaper fears me
6,869 Posts
What i do fancy doing, is sorting out a better exhaust for it. Apparently the manifold on the later 144 shape, is very restrictive. You can get stainless 4-2-1 manifolds for as little as £100 for them, so likely will do that, and get a nice cat back system.

Otherwise, not inclined to change a thing. I even quite like the alloys.
Id agree on the exhaust change and like you say pretty much set with it then!
Oh and i LOVE the boot release in the SX, especially as when the lock jams i can still get in it :lmao:

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See i like the looks of it... i could never call it ugly, because its simply too ordinary looking to be so. Neither is it amazingly good looking. Its just a car :)

Although as said, i quite like the looks of it.

No cruise control sadly, that would have been nice.

As for price.. i couldnt possibly say ;) but im confident it was a solid price, and possibly a bit of a bargain.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
it need's droping it looks like a 4x4:lmao: apart from that a good reliable motor matey:Cool2: a million taxi driver's can't be wrong.............im not too keen on the two tone dash tho

·
Premium Member
13,310 Posts
very nice i know of 2 peeps with them and they are very quick too only let down is that the interior dash still looks like the bluebird

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah the dash is crappy in daylight... looks ace at dark though, lights up a pale blue and looks very nice along with the dials. Will need to get a photo of that at some point.

This ones not all that quick... or rather i should say... it doesnt feel quick.. it delivers power in a very linear and gradual way, with a bit of a kick at 4000rpm. SO the speed builds up just fine, it just doesnt seem that way when driving it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not a bad choice at all mate, you have gone and got something that you can trust not to brake down etc and thats all you want. That car will out live your use for it mate and is amazingly clean for it`s age, you done good there matey!!! :Cool2:

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers man... well it was bought as entirely the "sensible" choice. Something that'll stop costing me money for the next 6 months while i sort out the job situation.

After that, we'll see whats happening and maybe look at something more exciting.

Its funny, ive always thought of a 2001 car as something quite "new" forgetting that so much time has passed, and its now almost 8 years old.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.