Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new car yesterday a vectra sri 140. When I arrived at my house (60 miles from the garage) I noticed it stunk of oil so I opened the bonnet and loads of smoke was pouring out from the back of the engine from where it was dripping on the exhaust. I've checked the rocker cover gasket but I couldn't see no oil. Just under the injector rail there is a larger plastic breather hose and it seems to be coming from there, but could it be the oil pressure switch? please help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Take it back to the garage, You have only done 60 miles, so Argue the toss that it was there before you bought the car, They will of givin you some warrenty on the car and if not they still will need to fix it, If they state otherwise get in touch with tradeing standerds :bust:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realise this but if it's something minor i'd rather fix it my self then face having to travel backwards and forwards to get it fix with the garage i brought it off

·
Registered
20 Posts
all vauxhalls leak oil....... theyre incapable of designing an engine that is oiltight for more than 10 minutes at a time....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know it seems like a pain in the a**e but you need to take it back as soon as possible, the garage would love you to have a go fixing it as it would invalidate the warrenty and they could wash their hands of it! But if it does turn out to be something more serious you will be glad you did go back......... Moral of this story, get your money/warrentys worth out of them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts