Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what a fun weekend that was! Pics to follow, account first, (i'm using the "Upload 19 pics at a time" feature on photobucket, so I'll upload those into my replies after this account.

First up, did anyone take longer than me to get home? It took me 4 hours and 40 mins to get home, left at 6.15 and got in at 10.55. Total distance.. 137 miles. GAY! But Thanks to Nic (scharatz) for taking me a different way to avoid all that fecking traffic on the M1. Hope everyone else was alright with that.

So, after bombing it up to Toddington, and spotting Nick on the M1, we left in convoy to Billing, where some people managed to blag camping for only £10 and some of us paid £15. Bastards!

Then, met a new person (Joe, kneo_ghau) and promptly realised my first problem... "Battery Low" on mobile.. no charger. Who is the only person with a Nokia in car charger? Mark. Asked very nicely, and he lent it to me. Which was nice.

So, whilst some people were setting up their tents, I set up camp with my chair and a beer. Nikki kindly offered me some doritos and dip, and all was tasty and fun. Apart from the wind, which was kinda irritating. had a tasty BBQ and DIDN'T GET SICK this time as I had someone other than AndyM cooking for me!

Had a chat with everyone, in the evening some more people showed up, and we carried on drinking and playing about. Wandered up with Rob, joe, nikki and Nick to the funfair/pub, and played about on the games, buying tokens and stuff. Crazy fun on the one ride I was a bit nervous about going on, but it turned out that my legs were large enough to keep me from bouncing about in the seat so I was fairly comfy!

Then went back to camp, and noticed that a couple of people were getting "friendly" and so took the piss some more. Had more beer and crisps. Finally got to bed about 2.15am. Woken up by AndyM at 4.30. Slept again until 5.45.

headed off in fun convoy to Silverstone, was near the front until I had to u-turn as I'd followed Marc down a dead end. Was then at the back. When we arrived, the usual arranging of cars and stuff went on, after I parked mine I felt like food, but the burger van hadn't started cooking yet!

had a wander round, looking for good and bad cars to enter in my "shitter of the day" idea, which everyone else agreed was a good plan. Danuk has a thread in the shed for it.

Watched the track action of the brave VxONers who had a go, was good fun. Jason was clearly going for it, moving further up the field on every lap.

Then, in order to save myself £1.80, I thought it would be a good idea to boil my own water on my camping stove so nikki and I could have a coffee. It took 20 minutes, but when you earn as little as I do it was worth it for the saving! And good coffee it was as well.

Cue more chatting, mucking about and meeting people. Went for another wander around, saw the TV stand and the nice cars they had there, the crazy Fiesta supersport with 2 engines, and a Nova (i think) with 2 very tuned LETs in it. The front one dyno'd at 375bhp, the rear dyno'd at 350bhp.. must be a mad mad car. Saw the usual load of unattractive girls in too little clothing.

Sticker hunting was good, but have another thread going up for that in a bit, to keep it separate.

And then I left at 6.15, as explained at the start.

A great day, good to meet all of you again/for the first time. I've read all the threads posted before mine, and good accounts they all were (to save me replying to all of them)

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My pics.. in mostly chronological order.

Found Mark's flashing light, I think it makes the omega look very official.

Morphiuz arrived.. unexpectedly. he had been "told to come" by Mark

then blotto arrived, also unexpectedly. Not seen "spud" before, so here it is

This is proper british style camping!

strike a pose...

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Cool! :Cool2:

Fcuking stickers...... :rolleyes: :grrr

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the funfair on the circular bumper cars..

And blotto's didn't work

So he found another job he'd probably do if he wasn't an ambulance man

And went Horse riding..

Joe (kneoghau) reveals his true feelings about horses...

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then decided maybe the Police was for him..

Or just being a kid..

Which Nikki liked as well

Nope, the army is probably what he wants to do..

Back at Camp, Nikki's VxON teddy was also a good hat

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Superb account mate, loving the photos, looks like i missed out on a great time at Billing. Shall make sure i camp over the night before the meet next year.! Couldn't make it this year unfortunately. Was good to see you again dude.

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Later on.. What's going on in Trish's tent?

Matt gives us an artist's impression

After a few hours (very few hours) this is how we look

Arriving at Trax, getting set up

Nick "Woohoo, Mark's busy so I get to direct people" in his official capacity.

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Vibe audio demo truck, from Judge Dredd (apologies for poor quality)

And inside it..

Some crazy jacked up trucks..

The TV Omega on track

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason on Track

Mark on Track

mark again

And again

Boundy in front, Ian L behind

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wandering around again, saw a few nice cars...

This crazy Ford with a huge engine

Whatever the hell this was, with a crazy engine

This beast of an Omega...

The Orange corsa from TV that I quite like..

And Nikki shows us how good she is at following instructions..

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ICE Hummer

With 26" rims... or 13" if you had the idea that Nikki is small..

Cool lowriding Merc (there were 2, only got pictures of one) was driving around on 3 wheels at times

Crazy renault 5...

That I think Goonas has had a go at..

More to come later, but at the mo Mum is painting the dining room and the fumes are getting to me

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Did you see that cracked, heat sensitive painted car in one of those units mate, near to where that 26" chromed wheel monster was.? Didn't get a photo due to the crowds around it, but managed to ask how it was applied to the car, and how much. £1300 per litre:eh

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
I've suddenly had second thoughts about that 5... it might be a 205..... :lmao:

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,445 Posts

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right... on with the show

Found this..

With an owner who clearly knew what they were driving...

This was nice...

And this was on the Fast Ford stand... Fiesta Supersport which I'm sure SteveW will know more about. Had this in the back

And This is how we diverted Si's attention from what we were doing to his car (pics to follow later)

That's all my "proper" photos, my "Shitter of the Day" photos and si's stickers will be shown when I get them uploaded, but photobucket is so slow.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts