Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first time meeting everyone car Sy for me. Met mark and sy at the services and we headed up for the camp site, only to arrive 2 hours earlier than planned.

Once the tent and condo were up (such hard work that was :p) just hung around feeling a bit nervous at the thought of meeting a large group of people who i'd never met, but all already knew each other. Was hoping to not have a weekend on my own with the PSP killing my boredom.

Luckily i was ever so slightly wrong. A few drinks later and we were having fun on the non-working kiddies rides and the bloody fast spinny round up down whatever ride, which was hilarious. Also other fun events like ordering a kebab delivery 2 or 3 times...

Remembered i'd left my coat and camera at home :cry: But Rob let me borrow his coat (which is still in my car. Oops sorry bout that) so i at least didn't freeze to death during the night. Nothing i can do about the camera so i'll just steal everyone elses photos

By the end of the night my chest hurt from where i was laughing so much, haven't been like that in years. Had a really good time, although i think the vodka helped.

Sleeping was hell, not sure why i choose the car instead of the tent but my upper body strength is currently gone and have a large bruse on the side of my hips. Then someone decided to bang on the window and ask me where i live, then saying i must be ****ed for saying "shipham" is a real place, i didn't care though. Couldn't get back to sleep after that

Convoy to trax was alright except for Rob, i'll admit i was surprised everyone didn't stop though. I really would have stopped but i'm so bad with directions it's not even funny and really didn't want to lose the convoy. Was a shame you spent most of the time under the bonnet of spud but these things happen when you don't own an 8v :p

Once the display was up and running it was all good fun. I can currently agree with goonas about the burning part, except my face, ears, and arms are on fire atm. Most impressive thing i saw was the gree evo running the 0-60. We all saw it (waiting for LSI) and laughed going "Fast and furious innit!" and then it launched, shot past us over half way, and started slowing down afterwards. And all that was in about the blink of an eye, was the fastest car i saw on the show (that was actually moving at full speed :p)

The shopping list cavalier was absolutely hilarious, need some pics of it 'finished'. Hope it doesn't take too long to get it all off, well, the ones that are clearly visable anyway

Anyway like most people, i'm absolutely shattered. Time for bed about 24 hrs ago i think. Not sure how i managed to stay awake on the motorway all that time but i survived.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Sleeping was hell, not sure why i choose the car instead of the tent but my upper body strength is currently gone and have a large bruse on the side of my hips. Then someone decided to bang on the window and ask me where i live, then saying i must be ****ed for saying "shipham" is a real place, i didn't care though. Couldn't get back to sleep after that
That someone was Andy M! :rolleyes:
Did u sleep on the drivers side? Try the back or passenger side if you did!

Once the display was up and running it was all good fun. I can currently agree with goonas about the burning part, except my face, ears, and arms are on fire atm. Most impressive thing i saw was the gree evo running the 0-60. We all saw it (waiting for LSI) and laughed going "Fast and furious innit!" and then it launched, shot past us over half way, and started slowing down afterwards. And all that was in about the blink of an eye, was the fastest car i saw on the show (that was actually moving at full speed :p)
Norris Designs racing Evo, often seen pootling down the quarter mile in 9 seconds... And Matt's SRi's 9.5 0-60 wasn't shabby either considering the book time is 9 and he got a **** start and had a load of crap in his boot!

The shopping list cavalier was absolutely hilarious, need some pics of it 'finished'. Hope it doesn't take too long to get it all off, well, the ones that are clearly visable anyway
:grrr :rolleyes:

Anyway like most people, i'm absolutely shattered. Time for bed about 24 hrs ago i think. Not sure how i managed to stay awake on the motorway all that time but i survived.
Dunno why you're whinging, u had a kip during the afternoon! :lmao:

Nice to meet u matey!

·
Likes this.
11,800 Posts
Dunno why you're whinging, u had a kip during the afternoon! :lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

That made me chuckle I must admit :D

Good on you Joe for being a good sport and not getting really arsey (as I would have done :lmao: ) after your "rude awakening" ;)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
:lmao::lmao:

That made me chuckle I must admit

Good on you Joe for being a good sport and not getting really arsey (as I would have done :lmao: ) after your "rude awakening" ;)
Made me f00king jump, I was looking at Rob's wheels, then somewhere behind me there was this almight "RARRR".
Turns round and there's poor Joe sat in his car, half-dead, looking like he's just seen a ghost or something, with half of VxON round his car! :lmao:

Call it an "initiation", it's all in good spirit, not vicious or anything...:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
dunno :p

Well you try learning about 15 different peoples names and remembering most of them also have a different internet name you need to learn as well :think
Yeah... but fogetting Mark's name, whose online name is... Mark! :eh :lmao:

It's alright mate, u do forget a few people's names to start with, but after 2-3 shows u'll start to remember most peoples. :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Good to meet you Joe. Did I meet you.? Can't remember:lmao:

Fair play mate, first meet/show, and you did well, good account, and so glad you had a good time with the VxON bunch, they wont steer you wrong. Its all to easy to be put off joining in things when your new, but you have proved by thowing in the towel and getting stuck in there, thats theres a lot of fun to be had, and a lot of good people to befriend:up:

Nice one matey.:)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Good to meet you Joe, although I still have to dissagree that water is a poor conducter of electricity ;)

One day, you'll have to explain to us how exactly it is you pronounce your username :p good sport though with the 'rude awakaning' and nice car... just clean the engine bay!!! you have a blanket of oil and grease lol :eh

You say you seen me do the sprint? was anyone with you/get photos? :)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
You say you seen me do the sprint? was anyone with you/get photos? :)
Sort of, maybe, slightly, could, possibly of taken some kind of video of u on the sprint... :Cool2:

All my vids and pics will be up when I can be arsed.

·
Rascal
12,519 Posts
Nice meeting ya fella! Glad you survived the initiation, we all have to go through it...

except Mark.. who the hell is THAT brave?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts