Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this car as a run around really but the more i look at it the more i like it (not properly driven it yet as i need to wait on insurance docs coming in so i can tax it....anyway...pics!)

its of the 2.0l 16v GLS variety!

having afew problems with it, so if u fancy sharing some info to a newbie with no knowlege of cavs see my post in the cav/calibra forum!

Cheers - Colin

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Welcome to VxON Colin. Sounds like you have the Cav bug ;) Good to se your motor. Theres plenty of help available on here within the relevent forums/areas:up:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Hello and Welcome along :Cool2: Nice looking cav mate, you got any plans for her? im sure you will find the help you need on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just to get it running well, bit of a dodgy idle, and theres a warning light on (looks like an engine with a flash) but someones informed me it can be almost any sensor in the engine causing it...so now the fun starts! give ir a full clean, and good polish as it has couple of scratches....

so far im gonna keep it standard....but there may be afew subtle mods...depends on what takes my fancy on here

thanks for the welcome :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi mate. First off (i'm no expert) but it sounds like your IAC valve needs a clean. 30minute job (tops) there's brilliant "how to's" available. Just use the search facility. As for the engine light ?? Again do a search and discover how to do the "paperclip" test.

Welcome to the club. I've found this sight more than fixes a couple of niggles me & my baby have had. (ooo did I refer to my car as baby ?? Sorry !!!)

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot guys,

car wouldnt start, so i i jumped it off my dads diesel - left the car to run so i could get a bit of a charge in the battery, closes over the door and my dad goes to put the jump leads in the boot incase i need them again, boot lid closes and the central locking closes all of the doors!! locked out with the engine running....after about 15 mins of arsing about with parcel tape and copper piping the window got it :(

theres another job for tomorrow...source and fit window...woohoo

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
looks good,

you'd be surprised how many people on here have asid they bought a cavalier as a cheap run about and now have owned one for years and love them......

:up:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers everyone! gonna get me old man to take it to work tomorrow or tuesday, get it hooked up to the diagnostic machine and findout what the fault is thats keeping the EML on.

cant wait to get it off...altho i dont think its effecting the running much its p*ssing me off becuase its on all the time :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts