Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bloody dog just had a fooking fit :eek2: !!!!!

me and kingy sh1t ourselves :eh she seems ok but im worried about going to bed now !!!

i rang the vets and they said she should be ok but to keep an eye on her my mums dog died last year through having seizures :shame:

have anyone else on here had anything similar happen to their pet ??

anyone got any advice please :(

·
I want KFC
2,638 Posts
I do, but it didn't turn out good, we had to put Max to sleep

He started fitting, vets put him on drugs, after a little bit he'd get tolerant to the dose and the fits would start again, rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times till he was on the maximum dose he could be on and the fits still came back.

His quality of life was shite, he was fitting numerous times, was tired, kept keeling over on his side so we put him to sleep :shame:

·
VxON`S VAMP
3,393 Posts
The heat can cause fits in Dogs too so he /she may have just overheated they are sort of like children really and you to make sure they don`t get to much sun when it`s really hot

We had Bennie a collie cross who used to have fits from the age of around 3 years .He went on to live a long and happy full life but was on medication to control the fits he lived until he was 13 years old.

I know it`s scarey **** when it happens but what i`m trying to say is it need not be the end for them they can live for on along time you just have to watch on them is all & give them their medicine .

Hope that helps .

·
VxON's day release patient
907 Posts
well today gellert(the world champion break dancing dog) seems fine(thank fuk)she's back to her normal self and is currently lying in the shade out the garden, but needless to say she will be watched closely for the next day or two just incase of a repeat.

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Never mind the next 2 days, keep an eye on the pooch for ever.

The fits can come and go very randomly and, unchecked, can be fatal.

If it has another one, I would advise getting off to the vet for some tests and (if necessary) medication.

·
907 Posts
oh she will be watched very closely, we phoned the pdsa last night and they said if it happens again to take her straight there and they will start investigating the matter, I'm hoping it was a one off coz i dint fancy watching that again, i shat my self and thought she was a goner

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Let me regale you with a wee tale...

7 year old Bullmastiff, had a fit, seemed to recover quite well (although, a visit to the vet did happen, they said to keep an eye on it).
Had another fit, another mild one. Range the vet, they said to bring her in should she have another (and to put her somewhere cool, dark and quiet if she did)
Third fit, put her in the bathroom.
A while later the bathroom was covered in piss, **** and blood.
Emergency call to vet (3 a.m.), they came and took her in...rang first thing, went to see her at 10 and watched her pass away.

All that in the space of a couple of months in an otherwise healthy (and active) dog.

·
907 Posts
thats what we cant understand, she is a healthy dog(little over weight) never had any health problems before now,there was no warning signs at all

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Same with humans though, a mate of mine is epileptic but otherwise a very healthy young lad.

Seizures scare the hell out of me, possibly because I've seen the affects of them, there are few things that scare me more than thought of myself ever being in that state :(

Hope your dog pulls through, and that this is a one off :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
never seen a seizure in a dog but have dealt with and witnessed several in humans.:(
Hope she is ok, as vampy said it hopefully was caused by the heat and nothing serious

·
907 Posts
thanks for the support guys and gals.

she had another fit last night at 3.30am lasted a bit longer this time, got her to the pdsa this morning, they gave her a check over and she seemed fine to them(at that moment in time) but we have to take her down there again later now so they can get the blood tests off and then hopefully start some course of medication to stop the fits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts