Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would start a thread on my bargain combo, there will be a few how to's and photos to come as it progresses. Il post a list of what iv done so far, but for now this afternoons job is the timing belt, water pump, aux drive belt and matrix flush! Any ideas feel free to pipe up!

·
15,596 Posts
If its the 1.7 a nice step by step on the timing belt change would be interesting. I'm going to change mine myself next time.

Reactions: vince bolam

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the 1.7 di, i will write up a how to on the belt today, after doing the belts and pump i decided to fit my side stripes, will be tinting the rear door glass this morning and if my local motor factor has the correct springs in stock il be lowering it too, seems to be a huge rear arch gap and it'll never carry any weight in my ownership so why not! Apparently corsa 1.2/1.4 front springs and astra g estate rears give a nive drop so lets see!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Windows done, small bubble on the left door 1/4 of the way down will push out in an hour or so, heaters on and 30° c in garage!

·
15,596 Posts
Need new number plates too, someone has vandalised yours.

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
Your missing your advertising signage stating your a window cleaner lol 🤣

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started sound deadening last night using noico butyl mat, easy to fit and seems to have stopped the panels booming, new sump arrived so hopefully stop the oil leak today, ply floor in the rear and cheap tailored carpet on todays list also.

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
Are you going to smoke the front lights ?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Started sound deadening last night using noico butyl mat, easy to fit and seems to have stopped the panels booming
Never heard of the stuff. Had a google though, and it gets fantastic reviews. Let us know how it works out in day to day use. Reckon my Honda could do with some.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
iv used it in my clk, boot lid, spare wheel well, both doors and rear quarters. Thats a straight piped v8 and it made a huge difference!
Thanks. :) Shouldn't have any difficulty with my little buzz box and its mighty 1.4 engine!! Is the noico stuff the best value/performance in your experience?

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,385 Posts
The doors in my Impreza have Dynamat.

Jay Leno uses it on many of his cars.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oil cooler and filter housing replaced today as changing the sump only stopped part of the leak. Genuine seals used and a genuine thermostat installed as the euro car parts one wasnt opening.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts