Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i've never thought of it before i think its time to put up few pics of my cdx auto,Cars totally standard but i will be changing the wheels shortly as the origanals are well past it.not really a lot more to say about it really:lmao:

·
Registered
308 Posts
wheels and a tubby front valance will give it the look you want . and you might be able to change the door rubbers for vectra ones just to give it a sleekness . Just a thought dude ;)

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the positve comments guys,the leather is in good conditon plus i'd cleaned it the day the pic was taken which helps.apart from getting a rust patch on the o/s sill sorted I was thinking of a set of fan blade alloys.I know lots of you don't like them but i think they look nice.On another note i've still got my old gls too.

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
you need something bigger mate.. not more 15" alloys.. look at 16's and 17's

the CDX runs a huge profile tyre.. so you can still fit a pretty comfortable size 17 on there with no modification

i run 215/40/17 due to the width of my alloys.. but 205/45/17 would be the best overall match for your car and still maintain a level of comfort.

but definately dont go to fan blades. they aint even as nice as the ones you have

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not planning any modding really so I can't see me going for bigger wheels tbh as i want to keep the car more or less standard looking hence why i'm looking at other cav style rims,all the wheels on there are really badly oxidized and flaking,ones got a puncture too(leaking on the rim).While you probably right about the improved handling ect of bigger rims the only mods i'm really thinking of are things from other cavs,lip spoiler,trip computer ect..

·
surfin lobster
1,092 Posts
Fan blades look the business in my eyes, each to their own though.

Would change the rear lamps & panel for the darker tint type too & debadge the rear - which you'd need to do for the lip spoiler anyway. Oh, and a new handbrake gaiter would freshen things up. :Cool2:

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
No mate, The Pentalines were only ever fitted to Calibra's and Tigra's...your thinking of the late SRi 6-Spokes, also, i believe, Irmscher wheels.
yeah thats the chaps... gorgeous wheels if you ask me... and very like smaller versions of the team dynamics on my car.

Best looking standard cav wheels ever made IMHO.

a set of those... a lip spoiler and tinted rear lights would really bring that car along nicely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts