Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, well after just under a year of ownership I fancy a change. Things are looking up for me financially as I have recieved a pay rise at work, so I have decided to let the cav go and hunt out a cav or calibra turbo :Cool2:

This is the only car I have ever owned for longer than 6months and I adore it! I had great fun last summer with it and it has never once let me down (touch wood)

The car has done just over 140,000 miles and has an oil change 1000miles ago. I have recently fited a different cam cover to that shown in the pictures, that has the breather mod done. Car is near total standard apart from cav turbo 5 stud conversion and turbo alloys, and lowering on 60 mm springs. I have however sourced a 60mm drop kit which will be included in the sale, or fitted for a little extra. I also have a pipercross induction kit fitted, and a full stainless steel exhuast system that has a nice deep subtle tone to it.
The previous owner had the car resprayed jusy before I bought, as a result the paintwork is very clean (as can be seen in the photos) apart from a slight scratch on the rear arch and a couple of small rust spots bubbling on the bottom of front wings. Sills are clean and have required no welding. Interior is tidy (black velour seats and dark dash) there is a small burn hole in the back bench but this is not often noticable. bit of rust on the lip of the boot lid behind the panel at the bottom, only noticable if lid is open. will require 2 new front tyres in the next month or so as there is only about 1-2mm left on each backs have plenty tread left though. Engine starts first time everytime (hope I havent jinxed it) and is only noticably tappy on a very cold morning start otherwise runs smooth and pulls nicely throught all gears. Overall im not afraid to say that the car looks stunning after a wax or polish and always takes admiring looks from people who know what they are looking at. Car has 4 months MOT and 4 months tax left, and other then problems stated I reckon the car should be okay for another MOT. Also I have recently fitted a new fuel filter. Has new dizzy cap and rotor arm. I have also fitted tinted front light and indicators (geniune items from Germany, cheers micky)

PROBLEMS
The petrol sender in the tank is not working, however i have a working sender to be fitted included in the sale. When I had the car 5 studded I never fitted any rear ABS rings so as a result the ABS fuse has been pulled until I could source some (which i still havent got round to :lmao: ) also recently I think an anti roll bar link (passenger front) has snapped but this is easily fixed, and again I only havent because I never have the time (nor the equipment) to do so. Only other problem I can think of is that the front bumper is not alligned quite properly, however I have been told this is a quick fix.

I reckon it will cost around 200 quid to fix the little niggles with this car, and then you will have a near mint cavalier GSI that in my opinion is a bloody great car.

As the car is with the bits included im looking for a respectable 950 pounds, or with everything sorted 1200 quid. Regulars please tell me if my price sounds unfair or unrealistic as I appreciate your opinions.
I am open to offers but please dont take the piss, you can see the condition of the car from the photos, and im not going to 'give' it away. I am a little bit nervous that my next car will not be as good as this one, but I feel it is time or a change. PM me with offers or if you would like any other photos, or to arrange a viewing. Thanks for looking!

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
i think that is an extremely reasonable price tbh mate. and you should sell that no probs. looks a minter!!

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stuart002 said:
i think that is an extremely reasonable price tbh mate. and you should sell that no probs. looks a minter!!

thanks mate :) I certainley hope so!

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
agreed, if haydens was worth 1100 then yours is worth the same all day long

·
Degenerated!!
2,540 Posts
Looks lovely and well worth the money I'd say :)

Any shots of her insides? Might help the sale.

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Very nice and well priced i'd say.

·
Time for the Guru
2,695 Posts
I've seen this car a couple of times and it's a spanking motor and well worth the price :up:

Mike

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikecav73 said:
I've seen this car a couple of times and it's a spanking motor and well worth the price :up:

Mike
cheers matey ;)

twigz said:
Looks lovely and well worth the money I'd say :)

Any shots of her insides? Might help the sale.

thats a good idea, i will get some interior shots up at the weekend

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Sorry to see your moving on Andy :( Your price is very reasonable to be honest mate.

·
CavWeb's David Dickinson
1,891 Posts
That I must say is a lovely looking GSI, the shine on that is great, as you say the problems didn't sound to bad!! Should get your asking price!

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh its mostly small problems and i am a bit scared to be leaving the GSI fold to be honest, anyhoo i will live and learn ;) you never know i may be back, cheers for the good comments guys :Cool2:

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dangerous Dave said:
would you be intrested in my gsi 4x4 plus some cash?

hi mate, sorry but unless it was a turbo I am not looking to swap as i can only afford to run one car, sorry and hope you dont take offense :Cool2:

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
andy88890 said:
hi mate, sorry but unless it was a turbo I am not looking to swap as i can only afford to run one car, sorry and hope you dont take offense :Cool2:

no offence taken mate.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts