Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help.My J reg astra has been standing for two years and decided to get her back on the road started first time straight through an MOT and has been happily running for a month now apart from rpm dipping low then high (was saving for a good tune up).
I started having probs last week, it struggled to start on the Monday but started done shift at work got into car started no probs, got into car on Tues engine was trying to start but would not turn over.
My other half has checked the spark plugs and ht leads and changed distributor still no joy he rekons it may be the air flow meter any ideas I'm missing my ride :shame:

·
Registered
56 Posts
had this problem on a vectra,rev counter kept going up and down,turned out to be airflow meter,had it replaced and everything was fine.

R

·
0 Posts
had same symptoms but wasnt a vaux same age tho

i had the same symptoms on a j reg mk5 orion, i took it to a garege they got there electrish to have a look when it wouldnt start 1st time (no messin there) "it would normaly get going with a few goes" anyway it turns out the elecs were bad they warned me but i still went ahead and bought the alloys i wanted, ran it for about 8 month till it finally packed in (total electrics failute i think by then i couldnt be botherd with it) my advise, Make sure the ecu is working if it turns out to be wireing get shut while u can, i only kept mine cos the missus wouldnt let me get rid so i ended up losing out on that1, aslo bad earth-ing played a part i think, Are u loseing battary power overnite??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery is fine I'm gonna call a mobile mechanic to fault diagnose let you know the outcome.
Thanks for the replies

R

·
0 Posts
yep good idea ur welcome, also i remmember a 1.2i luxe+ nova with same prob but it was random not on bad roads (humps as u describe make me think bad wireing) that was a dirty carb so maybe depending on ur engine that could do with a clean or maybe has a leak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts