Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of purchasing a turbo kit for my C20XE engine from MVAUX.COM costing around £700. :mmmm

Before doing this i thought i'd consult you lovely people and get some advice. :Cool2:

Does anyone have experience with the company or heard anything about them? Good or bad.

Any advice would be apprieciated as i don't wanna get stitched up with crap stuff :cry:

Thanks people!!!

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
just looked, and they do 1 for my car, but is it worth doing and how effective is it really, the installation would be fun if your like me and have no clue

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Good to see you posting here for advice before shelling out your hard earned.! As your doing here, Try and find someone who has dealt with said company before moving on with an order with them. Search the www for the company name also to see if any search results are negative, from that point i mean if anyone has posted on a similar public forum about this company, good or bad infact, you should get some results.

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
would steer clear mate they may be a good company but you would be far better off putting a let in more hastle than theyre worth these kits! i would put a let in! :Cool2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm aware that i need to uprate my pistons or get a thicker head gasket, i'd also need a intercooler and pipes but as C3MKY said, i don't wanna spend my hard earnt cash and be f**ked over. I'm waying up the pros and cons on getting the kit or finding a complete LET. The kit will give me more horses than a standard LET

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just looked up different forums which the seller has posted on over the last year and everyone seems to be very happy with what they have bought from him, he's called Matheus S. Almeida and seems to know his stuff. He's a member from the old style Mig forum. I'd say he's a trusted seller that offers quality parts.

Its just a case of buying the kit or finding a LET. Money wise it'll probably be about the same but think i'd have more BHP from the Mvaux kit.

WHAT SHALL I DO??????? :shame:

·
oooooooppps's .... :)
1,659 Posts
get a LET it would be more reliable and u wont have to spend a lot of time or money gettin things like oil sprayers fitted

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only trouble is a LET is gonna set me back at least 1 grand and finding one in good condition, close to home is rare :shame:

A standard LET only kicks out about 200 bhp which is only an increase of 50 bhp :down: and for a grand that ain't much, but for similar money the kit will take me way over 200 bhp :Cool2:

Can you see my issue? :mmmm

P.s the kit includes all oil feed pipes etc.

·
1,659 Posts
sorry i mean oil jets that are machined in to the sump that spay oil on the bottom of the piston to stop them from over heating

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm guessing thats something that will be required, i'm stabbing in the dark with the finer details as i know :turd all about turbos :rolleyes:

How would i go about do this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello people iv just got one of his kits a what a piece of kit it is aswell.... well if i told you lot that the kit we got was for a c20xe and we used a cozzy inter cooler and had all the pipe work done by a machine shop,and after running it all in the car was rolling roaded and made 320 bhp and still wanted more.....we have just placed an other order for a let kit now to go on another engine we have just put together....he tells us that this one is good for 350 plus bhp....so i would say just bye the kit.....and all the bank transfers are safe aswell as the bank in england sort it all out for you so you will get your money back if it goes wrong at all....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apart from the stuff he supplys in the kit what else did you need and at what cost?

Thanks for the post :Cool2: it's a help hearing good comments from customer of his.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
matt_b_uk said:
get a LET it would be more reliable and u wont have to spend a lot of time or money gettin things like oil sprayers fitted
And the LET's had these did they? :mmmm I thought that was one of the issues with the LET tbh?

Heard a lot of good things about the guy selling the kits, quite a few people seem really happy with them. Does seem like an honest piece of kit.
If you enjoy a sense of achievement, you'll be happier with one of the kits, rather than just slapping a LET in. If you do it properly, you have no more reliabilty issues than you would with an engine conversion, tbh.

My 2p's worth.

Rich

·
Carepolice
826 Posts
know a local guy who has bought pistons and a turbo kit from him for his LET'd astra, the stuff arrived bloody quick and was perfectly packaged :)

If you look on mig there are some big old threads on his stuff, all good - from what i remember his username on mig was mathius or similar

·
1,659 Posts
Rich C said:
And the LET's had these did they? :mmmm I thought that was one of the issues with the LET tbh?

Rich
sorry goin crazzy in my young age :Arrgh: :lmao: but what about all the pipe work that has to be done i.e. to inter cooler an exhust

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers guys, think my mind is made up, i'm gonna buy the kit soon.
I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to photograph the process for everyone.

what about all the pipe work that has to be done i.e. to inter cooler an exhust
Any intercooler can be used within reason and the pipe work can be used from a LET or samco hose kits or completely custom made etc. As for the exhaust i'll just need to mate my system to the downpipe of a LET.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts