Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My Vaxhually Astra-H 07 plate has had an issue for a while now, where the idle is really rough and the performance of the car in general isn't what it should be. Every now and again a EML comes up and after a while of driving it disappears again. So I've check what faults have been recorded and I can see the following:

P0100 - mass or vaule air flow circuit low input
(06) - Present

P0130 - 02 sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1 Sensor 1)
(02) - Not Present

P0170 - Fuel Rim Malfunction (Bank 1)
(11) - Not Present

Doing some research it suggests its an issue with the mass air flow sensor or one of the two O2 sensors, or maybe the wiring issue. The trouble is all this parts are costly, so does anyone have suggestions on what I could try first?

Any advise would help cause I'm at a loss what could be causing it.

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
If it is then you will find the engine wiring loom is contaminated with oil, if you know how then remove the bottom engine ECU plug, you may find the ECU is also full of oil, not the end of the world but it will take a lot of cleaning with electrical cleaner.
You will also need to replace the oil pressure switch.
This is a common fault on this engine that will give you maf and lambda faults, you will find oil in the plugs of all the engine sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi andyl, ok I've spoken to my dad and yes we did in fact replace the oil pressure switch for its last MOT, it had been leaking for some time. So we check it on Sunday and see if there oil where you suggested.

My dad just wanted to know, does anything need replacing / dismantling or do we just need a ton of electrical cleaner to clean out the engine wiring loom?

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Depends how well it cleans up, you need to wash the ecu sockets ( thats the part where the ecu plugs go) with plenty of cleaner then blast the ecu plugs, then just work your way around the engine removing the various sensor plugs, maf,lambda egr, etc, cleaning them as well, you may have to repeat this a few times over a couple of weeks but it should clean up ok, you could always just replace the engine wiring loom and clean the ecu sockets out but thats a decision to take if repeated cleaning fails to cure the problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.