Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry this is my first post
Iv got a 2007 movano lwb converted to a recovery truck, need to get it running right asap has i need it everday for work! thanks

Eml light and another with a coil light appear, goes into limp mode
shortly after it will cut out randomly,

had it plugged in and it says FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR

i have just bought a complete rail with another sensor and this still hasnt cured it,

ANY help would be really appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the pump mate
Thanks a friend said the same but it still starts and drives, sometimes will go into limp mode once or twice on a journey and another will go into limp mode 20+ times and also randomly cut out, its usually when i brake or go round a roundabout

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine (2001) was cutting out, but only when you floored it. That was a faulty injector which basically caused the rail to lose too much pressure...in conjunction, I'm guessing, with the highest fuel demand possible. Yours seems to not be able to make pressure at the lowest pump speed. Have you changed the fuel filter recently? I also (as a separate issue) had some really difficult times getting the filter housing and fittings to seal properly and if would cut out all the time possibly due to air leaks being drawn into the fuel prior to entering the pump. It was a bit desperate but in the end I replaced all the o rings of the fittings on the filter ( and leak back hoses) and that problem vanished.
Just in case something proves to be useful...

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
get the injectors out and tested.
was the rail a new one or 2nd hand you brought? (there are different types for different year/hp vans)
did the rail come with pressure relief valve and pressure sensor fitted?
if the rail was new, i doubt its the pump, but could be the fuel pressure regulator which is bolted to the pump 3 x T20 torx bits

·
Registered
57 Posts
get the injectors out and tested.
was the rail a new one or 2nd hand you brought? (there are different types for different year/hp vans)
did the rail come with pressure relief valve and pressure sensor fitted?
if the rail was new, i doubt its the pump, but could be the fuel pressure regulator which is bolted to the pump 3 x T20 torx bits
I sorted most of my problems out thanks to dji8785 (thanks again) and in fact my van went from cutting out all the time, belching black smoke and not starting to basically being fine for the last couple of years with one injector change and a few o rings. I did check the leak back without taking injectors out though...just using some clear windscreen washer hose from Halfords. Very quick and simple....enough info to target an individual injector which I then removed and had rebuilt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts