Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Movano intermittent boost pressure fault

[Movano] 
14K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  kevmoore48 
#1 ·
For about 1000 miles my van was intermittently losing power whilst maintaining 60mph at 2k rpm. The power would go for about a second or so before coming back on. This went on for quite a while without warning lights but eventually it turned on the yellow engine warning light and spanner light along with "check emissions" and "check injectors". Strangely the van reverted to driving normally as soon as the warning lights came on.
My mechanic plugged his diagnostic machine in and told me it was a historic boost pressure fault. He turned the warning lights off.
Then today after another 120 miles or so of performing normally the problem came back for a while before showing the same warning lights and messages. Again the problem disappeared as soon as the warning lights/messages appeared.
I'm guessing it's the boost pressure sensor starting to fail. Does this sound about right? Is it an easy enough job for me to replace the sensor myself?
Btw it's a 2016 Movano CDti FWD.

#12 ·
HI, just joined today looking for answers to a problem I have with my Movano 64 reg. I also have a power loss at 2000rpm for a couple of seconds then kicks in. It hesitates when feathering the throttle especially when going downhill at motorway speeds above 60mph. Ive also had the spanner light with check injector fault come up.

The garage cleaned out the maf and throttle body but the problem was still there. It then had the egr cooler replaced at much cost as the old one had a broken flap but the problem still remained.

I didnt take it back in because tried to establish exactly when the power loss happened. I can confirm without question that when the temperature display on the dash goes 14 degrees or above the problem kicks in. No problems when it is 13or below. Last couple of months I have done work down south when temp has been above 14 degrees and problem appears. When I come back north to the cooler temperature the problem goes.

Ive monitored this since June and the symptoms always disappear below 14 degrees. Learning to live with it but if anyone has the correct fix Ill take it to the garage and explain what could be done.

Hope you have or know someone who has the solution.

Many thanks

#15 ·
I have got my Nissan NV400 back this morning and nearly straight the way I could feel that having a New Turbo fitted along with Four New Glow Plugs . The might not be any Better ?but I need to drive it a bit further to give a proper result
HI, just joined today looking for answers to a problem I have with my Movano 64 reg. I also have a power loss at 2000rpm for a couple of seconds then kicks in. It hesitates when feathering the throttle especially when going downhill at motorway speeds above 60mph. Ive also had the spanner light with check injector fault come up.

The garage cleaned out the maf and throttle body but the problem was still there. It then had the egr cooler replaced at much cost as the old one had a broken flap but the problem still remained.

I didnt take it back in because tried to establish exactly when the power loss happened. I can confirm without question that when the temperature display on the dash goes 14 degrees or above the problem kicks in. No problems when it is 13or below. Last couple of months I have done work down south when temp has been above 14 degrees and problem appears. When I come back north to the cooler temperature the problem goes.

Ive monitored this since June and the symptoms always disappear below 14 degrees. Learning to live with it but if anyone has the correct fix Ill take it to the garage and explain what could be done.

Hope you have or know someone who has the solution.

Many thanks
Did you have a EGR Fitted ?

#16 ·
OK I have now driven my Nissan NV 400 for 360Mile's ! I am not completely sure that having a New Turbo and New Glow Plugs has completely sorted my Problem as it feels juddery or lumpy as you pull away with low revs.
So I would still like to give the Van a really long run which hopefully will not be to long possibly next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.