Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 1000 miles my van was intermittently losing power whilst maintaining 60mph at 2k rpm. The power would go for about a second or so before coming back on. This went on for quite a while without warning lights but eventually it turned on the yellow engine warning light and spanner light along with "check emissions" and "check injectors". Strangely the van reverted to driving normally as soon as the warning lights came on.
My mechanic plugged his diagnostic machine in and told me it was a historic boost pressure fault. He turned the warning lights off.
Then today after another 120 miles or so of performing normally the problem came back for a while before showing the same warning lights and messages. Again the problem disappeared as soon as the warning lights/messages appeared.
I'm guessing it's the boost pressure sensor starting to fail. Does this sound about right? Is it an easy enough job for me to replace the sensor myself?
Btw it's a 2016 Movano CDti FWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Simon,
I fitted a New Turbo boost pressure solenoid today but I have not done enough miles to know if it has Cured the Fault Completely.
I will let you know in the next few days.
Regards Kev Moore.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kev quite often with boost pressure issues it's a blockage in the take-off from the manifold to the sensor (not to the solenoid). It's a good thing to check as soot from the EGR process often chokes it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kev quite often with boost pressure issues it's a blockage in the take-off from the manifold to the sensor (not to the solenoid). It's a good thing to check as soot from the EGR process often chokes it up.
Thank you for the information as this fault has been with me Since April.
It's been in and out of different Garages trying to sort it out.
Since fitting the Solenoid I have not done many Mile's.
But I am doing 180 Mile's tomorrow so I will have an idea after tomorrow.
Regards Kev.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Please keep the forum informed if you fix it, it might help someone else!

Reactions: Courageous351

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the information as this fault has been with me Since April.
It's been in and out of different Garages trying to sort it out.
Since fitting the Solenoid I have not done many Mile's.
But I am doing 180 Mile's tomorrow so I will have an idea after tomorrow.
Regards Kev.
I have fitted the Turbo boost pressure solenoid and I have done inexcess 2000 mile's but last Friday the Spanner light and Engine Management have come back on ? I also had the Pipe from the Turbo Waste gate to the Turbo boost pressure solenoid Blown Out but it did not seem to be blocked. I am now thinking about having Four New Injectors ? Any comments are welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I didn't . I checked to see if there was a blockage in the Pipe from the Waste gate to the Turbo boost pressure solenoid.
Where abouts is the Pipe that you are taking about ?Regards Kev.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's at the back of the EGR valve Kev. You should see a rubber hose and this goes up to the MAP sensor. This is inclined to gunge up. You should be able to hand ream it with a 3mm drill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts