Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after realising that i had been driving around for 2 days without an MOT last thursday, i finally got it booked in today,

dropped it off at 8 picked it up this evening,

new rear bushes, a bulb and cleaning out the windscreen washers and its ready, total bill £190 about what i expected :Cool2:

advises on Lipped front discs and perished OSR brake hose, the brakes are gonna get a complete overhall and possible upgrade when im in my new house anyhow.

and rear anti roll bar links worn so i'll look at them at some point, and its got a small leak from the sump, but then most XE's have an oil leak somewhere!!

feels so good driving the cav again, been in the works Mini One the last few days and although its got fantastic brakes its boring to drive, the cav feels so raw which a really like! bit of a cruise around tonight!

just hope it doesnt get written off like my old cav did last time i picked it up from an MOT!!!!:cry: :cry:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
dont say that!! thats just temting fate!! good news with the MOT though, could have been a lot worse!! what were the rear bushes it needed?

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Not so bad mate. As said, could of been a lot worse. Have you undersealed it? No mention of corrosion is a good sign :up:

·
VoxOn's other gsi nutter
585 Posts
If its the rear antiroll bar drop links there not that expensive, got ours from vauxhall did not brake the bank if i remember. not a bad mot that bud, car must be in good nick to have so few failures.:Cool2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts