Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1992 Cav (K-Reg) and when i bought it they guy had put that full decat SS exhaust on it, does my car need a CAT on it to pass, i was told it depends on wether the manifold has a sensor plugged into it

·
Registered
220 Posts
As far as I know pre 93 cars dont have to have a cat fitted, but still have to pass the emmissions test.

Could be wrong, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to either confirm me or set it straight!!

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
Pre august 92(J) vehicles dont require a cat and only have to pass a two gas test. August 92 onwards (K) requires a BET test, if failed it goes on to a full cat test. In short you need a cat and O2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Is your engine Injection or carbed? Mine's a carb and didn't have a cat in the first place...

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
There is also that, if it fails the BET then you go to start the cat test, if the engine code doesnt cross over to one that need a cat test it'll be 2 gased.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
most cars up to 95 will get away with a 2 gas test if you don`t put the engine code in on the mot computer , it will come out on the vt40 as co 3.50% , hc 1200 ppm , so i wouldn`t fail it for no cat , a lot of cavs had a carb anyway on a k plate .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine is Single point injection...and was registered in oct 92 if my memory serves correctly...betta go scrappy n try n find a cat just in case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts