Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just looking for a bit of advice. My brother has a 62 plate 1.4 corsa, I've had a quick look over it in preparation for its mot.

I have noticed the nearside front wheel has a bit of play at the top of the strut, and it can be seen moving under the panel under the windscreen. Is this likely to be a replacement top mount or could it just need tightening up?

Also the exhaust flexi has a very minor leak it is so slight that it can only just be felt when revved, if idling it isn't noticeable just wondering if its possible to wrap it for now to get through the mot and he can get it replaced in the new year?

As always thanks for any and all advice.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
You don't check the top mounts with the wheels jacked up, they must be checked with wheels on the floor. This is the proper way to test them Evan DVSA sent out a special notice to testers to check this way as it's a floating bearing mount and must not fail unless play is out side set limits. And the exhaust will be fine as a minor blow will be an advise as long as it do not affect the Bet test ie a fail on lambda to high.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah I shod have known that about the strut the Mrs had a 1.2 said a couple years ago and now you mentioned it I remember it's something like a mcphearson strut.

Cheers for the advice on the exhaust I'll tell him to get it tested and worse case I'll have to replace the front pipe.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts