Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, is it possible to lock the car without a key?

Central locking on my SXi has packed up so car won't start. Can't get Car towed to Vauxhall til Monday and don't have a spare key (i know, i know!!!). Is there a way to lock the all the doors and boot without using the key fob? Tried the key in the drivers side door but that only seems to lock the drivers side? tried locking from inside but as soon as you open the drivers door everything unlocks again...
(i got in by using the key to in the door and this onlocked everything, and i have since changed the battery on the fob without joy)

Need Help ASAP - worried about leaving it for the weekend...

Thanks V V V V much, i appreciate it.
J

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
Basically, is it possible to lock the car without a key?

Central locking on my SXi has packed up so car won't start. Can't get Car towed to Vauxhall til Monday and don't have a spare key (i know, i know!!!). Is there a way to lock the all the doors and boot without using the key fob? Tried the key in the drivers side door but that only seems to lock the drivers side? tried locking from inside but as soon as you open the drivers door everything unlocks again...
(i got in by using the key to in the door and this onlocked everything, and i have since changed the battery on the fob without joy)

Need Help ASAP - worried about leaving it for the weekend...

Thanks V V V V much, i appreciate it.
J
Have you tried locking doors from inside & then leaving through hatch?

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi if the drivers door locks and then unlocks you have a fault with one of the c/l motors on one of the other doors/boot/petrol flap
cheers
Steve

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Have you tried re-syncing the remote? Key in ignition, turn till you get the dash lights, then press the fob buttons. If successful the C/L will trigger.

The way to lock up the car without the key is to reach in through the passenger door, press the lock button on the dash, then exit out the passenger door. I suspect it mentions this in the handbook. It does in my Vectra-C handbook anyway.

EDIT - just checked, and it does mention the above in the handbook. Also the key synchronises itself automatically during every starting procedure, so disregard my comment about re-syncing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.