1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:):D
Happy to find a mk3 in such good condition
Only a couple of rust scabs in random places

And ONLY 47.000 on the clock genuine too interior looks like it was made yesterday

its a 1.6 8v spi not sure on exact engine but its the later 8v spi with electric egr not mechanical one

BUT

I have a couple of issues

First of is the ac i had it gassed but no clutch was engaging

Now I had a look myself and the wire to the cluth plug had broken now a day and a half later and it has started not working again could it be leaking when it is turned on only hence why the garage did a leak test on it when it was broke finding nothing
Haven't had chance to test the ac electrical system again but can't see it changing after such an obvious fix

Suggestions plz have manually engaged the clutch on other models but can't find no pin out for the relay

Also can someone point me in the direction of the diagnostics process aka the paperclip trick I can't find it on here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can't seem.to copy n paste thread. It's the pedal trick test. Try searching for that. I'm new and haven't got to grips with things yet

·
13,370 Posts
It's a sticky at the top of this very forum, very easy to find.

·
13,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Who gassed it? If it was leaking you would see some smoke when u turn the ac on, unless its 0 pressure then u will see no smoke or get no cold air, when it was regassed it would have also smoked when be refilled..

Surely they would have tested it before they gave it back to you? Halfords will do a free pressure check on your aircon.

Did you check fuse/relays to make sure it didn't blow?

Its nice to find a low mileage old car, has its good points as you say, only downside is low miles = sat around for a long time not being used or short journeys not good for the car long term

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vauxhall fault codes & Pedal trick test

Search for that thread
Thanks for the help mate but it is a mk3 /astra f and is 20 years old I thank you for your effort I just need a paper clip I found a link on anothe post

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who gassed it? If it was leaking you would see some smoke when u turn the ac on, unless its 0 pressure then u will see no smoke or get no cold air, when it was regassed it would have also smoked when be refilled..

Surely they would have tested it before they gave it back to you? Halfords will do a free pressure check on your aircon.

Did you check fuse/relays to make sure it didn't blow?

Its nice to find a low mileage old car, has its good points as you say, only downside is low miles = sat around for a long time not being used or short journeys not good for the car long term
When it was filled it wasn't working I was made aware of this and fixed when I got home everything was working as it should relays ect just one broken wire which I fixed I have check the fuse can't see a working relay going so quick will try halfords today then

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
If its been filled Halfords will only check the pressure for free and offer to refill it at a cost, as yours has been filled it will have pressure so seems wasted journey, just to confirm once u re-wired it, the air con worked? If it was leaking you should have seen some white smoke coming out the engine indicating there is a leak..

I am also confused how any garage would do a test without switching the aircon on.. How can you test aircon is leaking or not??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its been filled Halfords will only check the pressure for free and offer to refill it at a cost, as yours has been filled it will have pressure so seems wasted journey, just to confirm once u re-wired it, the air con worked? If it was leaking you should have seen some white smoke coming out the engine indicating there is a leak..

I am also confused how any garage would do a test without switching the aircon on.. How can you test aircon is leaking or not??
That is what I had thought lol I haven't seen anything leaking at all

On another front I have just done paper clip test

Showing a code of 1530 air flow relay
So research will be need for me in a min

Unless someone can shed some light :)

I will have to investigate the air con when this bloody rain dies of

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.