Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

It's been a while since I asked a question so here we go..
I have just got rid of my Vivaro 1.9 dci as it was getting a little tired but still going strong as found a trafic 1.9 for sale on copart with 31000 miles on, so I bought it and put a side door on it and painted down the side. Then I swapped all my bits over and now I have an identical van with a fraction of the mileage..
The only upgrade left to do to my van was cruise control and can see the column switches for sale on eBay and with a Laguna steering wheel I get the buttons on the wheel..

Precision engineering do a aftermarket kit but I don't like the stalk.

Has anyone tried successfully to do this?..

Many thanks in advance

It's a 2005 trafic

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi,
I've been looking for my X82.
I think the one you quote is the same as CANM8 at only £225 so quite cheap.
I got a wiring diagram from them but it isn't vehicle specific and I'm not sure it will be easy so any feedback on it would be very welcome as I drive to Portugal a fair bit and the Spanish motorways are a delight with it fitted. If you'd like to see the diagram I can send you a copy if you pm me.
The steering wheel option looks good but would it work?
Rob

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks,
Yeah, I've seen that one, what put me off is the laptop configuring it into the van and the fact he chose the wrong connections even though he obviously does quite a bit on vehicles. I'm not really that confident on doing that so thought the CANM8 seemed a better bet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the canm8 is the same as I am looking at right now.. I was hoping for a more factory fit switch.. probably asking a bit much for a 16 year old van, but I'll order the kit and see if I could fit a different switch.. the transit custom has a sort of paddle for resume on/off and like that idea..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hope it works out how you want.
Could you let me know how easy the instructions are to follow as I miss the cruise after having it on my T5.(y)
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got the kit and installed their stalk.. works great.. just letting all those that have been interested know..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for letting us know,
Were the diagrams and instructions precise for the van and easy to follow and how many wires to connect?
Looks like a new project before we're let out to roam:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wiring instructions are easy to follow... 2 wires on the obd socket, live from the ignition and looped pedal sensor connection.. that's pretty much it..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's model specific and they email instructions to you.. it's for all trafic/Vivaro from 01-14..

·
Registered
136 Posts
They have, I contacted them in December and they sent a very basic generic diagram, that's what put me off but you've convinced me now with the specific diagram.
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a copy of the diagram for the 01-14 models... Don't think the later ones will be the same...anyhow.. liking mine now... Resting legs on a few long journeys

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't..... really miss it on long journeys, only thing is you need a clear road with little traffic to be at its best. A bit like round here in lockdown at the mo but we're all single carriageway except the Puddletown by-pass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts