Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my dad has just got a 1998 mk1 corsa. when u turn the radio on it asked for the code so i looked through all the documents for the car and i found to propper vauxhall cards with the radio code on and they both read the same and i tried entering the code but it keeps saying its wrong and now its stuck on 7 safe and it wont let me enter a code at all. ive even tried this morning and it still wont do nothing. thank you if anyine can help

·
Registered
191 Posts
a easy fix is replace it lol. the stereo could have bin changed by a previous owner therefor the code is surpless. as for the 7 safe id say its gone into (protection mode) and needs resetting!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, i tell my dad that but hes a bit of a tight ass so he probably just leave it. lol then he come back next week and probably ask me to fit a cd player to it, lol

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
as for the 7 safe id say its gone into (protection mode) and needs resetting!!!!!!
No, it means you have to wait a while before attempting another code entry.

7 safe = a 20 minute wait.

The key also has to be in the ignition, turned to position 1.

Below - copied from a previous post of mine:-

To give you some idea of how long you'll have to wait before you can attempt re-entering the code if you do get it wrong:- (and by wait, that means having to leave the key in the ignition, turned to position one, and the stereo switched on as well))

Attempt 1 - wait 10 secs. (Display shows 10SAFE)
Attempt 2 - wait 10 secs. (Display shows 9SAFE)
Attempt 3 - wait 10 mins. (Display shows 8SAFE)
Attempt 4 - wait 20 mins. (Display shows 7SAFE)
Attempt 5 - wait 40 mins. (Display shows 6SAFE)
Attempt 6 - wait 80 mins. (1 hr 20 mins) (Display shows 5SAFE)
Attempt 7 - wait 160 mins. (2 hrs 40 mins) (Display shows 4SAFE)
Attempt 8 - wait 320 mins. (5 hrs 20 mins) (Display shows 3SAFE)
Attempt 9 - wait 640 mins. (10 hrs 40 mins) (Display shows 2SAFE)
Attempt 10 - landfill. (Display shows 1SAFE)

ps, Re Landfill comment. Not really, but you would have to seek expert help to get it unlocked.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thank u, i go give that ago and wait 20 mins, lol how fun that sud be, lol and if the code dont work again, then i get it taken to a expert radio decoder. thank you all so much

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi all. just removed the radio because ive came accross a cd player in my shead, lol god knows wot it was in there for but when ive removed the factory fitted one i have found a 4 digit code on the top of the radio which is different from what it say on the pass card, lol so ive just left the cd player that i found in his car and charged my own dad 30 quid for it, lmao thank u all for all ure help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.