Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
totally addicted to cavs
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got manual wing mirrors and the adjusting mechanism doesnt work. Would it be a case of just swapping over some mirrors and connecting them up and is it an easy job?

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
it isnt a very hard job m8 changing manual mirrors to electric mirrors but if the only reason you doing it is one of the mirrors isnt adjusting i would check what madonvaux has said and it mite save ya money

·
totally addicted to cavs
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Mech could have just popped off the back of the mirror glass"

to check the mechanism, is it behind the cover or do i need to remove the mirror glass?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
On the subject of mirrors, mine are electric and go left and right, but the controls wont make the mirrors go up and down? Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
On the subject of mirrors, mine are electric and go left and right, but the controls wont make the mirrors go up and down? Any thoughts?
it is normally a dirty contact in the switch , work the top button left to right a few times & see what happens.

·
22,199 Posts
to check the mechanism, is it behind the cover or do i need to remove the mirror glass?
Just the glass mate, the glass is attatched to the mech/motor by (IIRC) 3 ball and cup fixings...1 central for the pivot, and 1 at the top and one on one side for the movement...can be quite tuff to pop them off though so be gentle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts