Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm planning to install an Android navigation system like the one pictured below:

To do this, I need to move the MID display from its normal position to the position shown in the picture above. I did this today and all went pretty much fine until I noticed that the MID 32-pin grey connector (or at least, I suppose that is its name) was too short to connect it to its new position. As I wanted to extend the cable, I cut the wires but I made a BIG (quite colossal!) mistake: They come in different colors, and there are several wires in the same color. I failed to notice this, and so I failed to mark them so as to be able to re-assemble them afterwards. I attempted to re-assemble them the way I thought they should be, BUT it didn't work. As long as the MID 32-pin connector is connected to the MID display, the car won't start. If it's not connected, it will start. SO the wires haven't been re-assembled properly.

I really need a solution to this -- some sort of idea to help me figure out how to re-assemble the wires correctly.

Thank you very much! Cheerio!

·
Premium Member
14,623 Posts
I just had a look at the wiring diagram and you have got yourself into a pickle... you have 3 pairs of Canbus wires, 3 Green and 3 White... the 2 easiest to determine go to the diagnostic port, you will need to trace the wires down to the port, the easiest way is if you have a multimeter you can do a continuity test on the wires,... if you can do this then the Green goes to Pin 22 and the White to Pin 23 on your Grey plug...

The next pair go to the radio plug, the Green to Pin 9 and the White to pin 10, again do a continuity test from the radio plug to the cut wires to determine which green and white they are, once you've done that the Green goes to Pin 19 and the White to Pin 20 on your Grey plug.

Now you should only have 1 green and 1 white left, these go to the corresponding wires you have left in the grey plug..
I hope you understand that....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just had a look at the wiring diagram and you have got yourself into a pickle... you have 3 pairs of Canbus wires, 3 Green and 3 White... the 2 easiest to determine go to the diagnostic port, you will need to trace the wires down to the port, the easiest way is if you have a multimeter you can do a continuity test on the wires,... if you can do this then the Green goes to Pin 22 and the White to Pin 23 on your Grey plug...

The next pair go to the radio plug, the Green to Pin 9 and the White to pin 10, again do a continuity test from the radio plug to the cut wires to determine which green and white they are, once you've done that the Green goes to Pin 19 and the White to Pin 20 on your Grey plug.

Now you should only have 1 green and 1 white left, these go to the corresponding wires you have left in the grey plug..
I hope you understand that....
Thanks for the reply!
The year is 2008, 1900CC, 120. There are ten wires -- four are green, and the rest are 2 wires/color.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
14,623 Posts
The Reds are both 12v power supply so dont really matter, the Brown is Ground ..so put the reds to the reds and the Brown to Brown..the Green and White wires are Canbus and can be traced using the method i stated above..... trace the ones which are obvious as i posted above, this will eliminate some of the Canbus wires and should leave you with 2 Green wires, one of these goes to the cim which is whats causing the car to not start, so find the easy ones and then you have a 50 50 choice with the remaining 2 greens..unless you want to strip the cim module out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I did think about using a multimeter myself after I realized the mistake I made, but I thought (and hoped) there would be a simpler (or at least more straightforward) way of figuring those wires out. As it is, using a multimeter is quite complicated -- but definitely not as complicated as stripping the cim module out.

If there is no other option, I will have to try this one instead.

Thank you once again! Cheerio!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts