Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to the forum and hoping someone can help.
I have a Mervia 04 reg and it was all running fine, the come out from tesco and tried to start car and it just turns over and the car with spanner light just flashes.
I have done the foot pedals to get the error code and is appears to be a 1624 error code which looking up could be the immobilizer possibly?
I plugged in an odb2 reader and it read no fault codes which i thought was strange. I have disconnected the battery and left it for an hour and then reconnected and tried again with no luck.
Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to try before taking it to Vauxhall and possibly having to pay a fortune :) If it helps it had a Easytronic clutch actuator fitted last June so hopefully it shouldn't be that.
Any help is appriciated.
Thanks,
Gary

·
17,862 Posts
Your OBD reader is only accessing the main ECU and is not able to access the other control modules, which is why you are not getting any codes.
Have you tried your spare key?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for this, so i only got one door key with the central locking and 2 keys for the ignition but the ignition keys have nothing inside them. I opened the remote key but can see the immobiliser chip is not in there????? I think i know where it is though, in the Tesco shop some where as the key come apart when my Daughter dropped them (threw them) out the trolley.
So i guess a call to Vauxhall in the morning to get another chip for it.

·
17,862 Posts
Reactions: gazzam2017

·
17,862 Posts
Good result.

Reactions: grant19841
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.