Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the meriva has now done 40000 plus miles and i was just wondering is it worth putting different plugs in to perhaps pep it up a bit.Also in the states some people add acetone to the fuel in small parts 4oz/ 10 gallons so what do you think?its supposed to improve fuel economy, which must be a good thing as iam only getting about 32 mixed journeys :( all fillters changed all hints and tips greatfully accepted cheers red.
P.S MINE IS 04 PLATE 8V ENGINE.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
to be honest mate you wont really see a decent gain on that engine without spending a fair bit of money on it. i've heard about acetone but never tried it so i cant comment. swapping old plugs can help a bit but there's little/no point in using upgraded ones if they cost more in the first place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you don't need the back seats etc strip it out. Its free and will improve the power to weight ratio. However it isn't exactly practical and will increase road noise.

As said uprated plugs are pointless, give it a full service and leave it at that.

·
The last of the 8v's :-(
579 Posts
My 8v goes like the clappers, especially in the mid rev range. As said above, theirs little you can do to make it quicker. A clean air filter and decent fuel and not carrying unncescary rubbish in the boot always helps. You could always try higher octane fuel like shell v-power which may help after a few tankfuls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts