Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my first post so didn’t know where else to turn for thoughts.

So about a week ago, driving home the no abs light comes on on my dash. Then my car starts stuttering whilst driving, no full loss of power but no acceleration, for a few seconds then it kicked back in, fine for a minute, then rinse repeat.
Took it to the garage, low and behold new coil pack and spark plugs. Drove fine for day and a half. Then all of a sudden this evening, it cut out on me as I was turning at a junction, luckily I was stationary and safe.
The paper work on the coil pack states 1.2 whereas my engine is 1.4 does this matter? What else could be causing this?

Peace

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
You need to start by looking for any stored or pending codes on the computer, this will give you direction.

This could be a case that you've put a car into a garage with an intermittent fault, and the fault hasn't made itself present whilst they've been troubleshooting. Perhaps they've seen a misfire code, thrown a coil and plugs at it and sent you on your way (speculating ).

If you have any concerns over your repair or invoicing, getting in touch with the garage that carried out the repair should be your first port of call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts