Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2011 (lastest style model) heater isn't giving out any heat.

Can any point me in right direction to start looking?
Is the heater circuit permanently circulating hot water and the temperature controlled by a flap to blend hot and cold air?
Saying that I have foot well panels off to see ventilation unit and can see water pipes and when engine started up one pipe soon gets warm but the other stays cold. But for one to get warm there must be water flow so where's the warm water going?
Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My wife's 2011 (lastest style model) heater isn't giving out any heat.

Can any point me in right direction to start looking?
Is the heater circuit permanently circulating hot water and the temperature controlled by a flap to blend hot and cold air?
Saying that I have foot well panels off to see ventilation unit and can see water pipes and when engine started up one pipe soon gets warm but the other stays cold. But for one to get warm there must be water flow so where's the warm water going?
Peter
Update; Should have waited longer as hot water going in and out of heater so must be a flap not opening. I can see mechanisms and levels on left (glove box) side but don't seem to do anything or move pressing any of the ventilation controls so is that the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flap that actuates hot air control now seems to be moving and so have hot air. I just jiggled it a bit so may be flap stuck

So first problem seems to be solved.
Then noticed that control to send air to windscreen/vents/feet also not working. It seem to be a similar motorised unit but driving big wheel and levers
Cant see how you remove this part with out taking out fan motor
Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find the heating/climate controls on my meriva 'S' 2011 are pretty unintuitive. AFAIK The flap that directs air to the screen and small side window vents can be operated either by switching the demister button on, or via the upwards arrow button in the central control panel (AC on or off)...since you seemed to rectify the first problem by prodding things, try pushing various buttons in combination before resorting to more drastic measures. I don't know what Vauxhall technicians were thinking when they devised this system. The irony is the car seems to take an age to warm up and demist, and AC on by default is a criminal waste of fuel (assuming many people will forget to turn it off). While the mouldings are off it wouldn't do any harm to squirt some silicone lubricant on any obvious mechanism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts