Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have a meriva A , no start with F on dash, codes p1700 p1607. sent off clutch actuator, refitted and bled clutch, still not starting. Have been told it should start now even thou parameters have not yet been reset, codes will remove fine but come back once you have tried to start it, any ideas? cheers Gary

·
Registered
2016 Insignia 2.0 cdti Elite Nav
60 Posts
I had an Astra actuator repaired by BBA Reman, used a vacuum pump to bleed the clutch but had to do it several times before it started and drove properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an Astra actuator repaired by BBA Reman, used a vacuum pump to bleed the clutch but had to do it several times before it started and drove properly.
Hi, have used proper bleed kit and done via dianostics several times but still the same

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
489 Posts
So if the F is an active alarm, what is the actuator real position against the desired position?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if the F is an active alarm, what is the actuator real position against the desired position?
i dont have opcom or tech2 to find that out, waiting on someone for that, i only have delphi and wurth, both of which can only do the bleed

·
Registered
489 Posts
So what you hope to achieve from this forum, as this diagnostic has to be done on the car, suitable diag tools, multimeter, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what you hope to achieve from this forum, as this diagnostic has to be done on the car, suitable diag tools, multimeter, etc.
I've changed these repaired units before and everything has been fine, was wondering if anyone else had this problem. But thanks for your helpful advice, i'll take it on board cheers

·
Registered
489 Posts
You could have blown mosfets on the pcb, seen a few. You could have corroded connectors. You could have bad pressure pump not doing the job. Hell, you could have a broken clutch plate / disc. Or a leaking receiver. You see my point?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could have blown mosfets on the pcb, seen a few. You could have corroded connectors. You could have bad pressure pump not doing the job. Hell, you could have a broken clutch plate / disc. Or a leaking receiver. You see my point?
I'm very aware it could be a number of other faults which is what i was asking,to see if any other members had similar problems. several points you have raised have been checked, several others will be checked when i borrow the opcom. Don't really see why your so negative, Hell i only just joined !

·
15,922 Posts
Not unknown for "repaired" actuators to be faulty unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
15,738 Posts
I think your going to need to do the Touch Point adaption to sort this out, unfortunately that needs Opcom/ Tech 2 so you may need to wait until it arrives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think your going to need to do the Touch Point adaption to sort this out, unfortunately that needs Opcom/ Tech 2 so you may need to wait until it arrives.
so, bled clutch again with opcom, will no not delete codes and gear relearn timesout and touch point says sequence error, i believe the repaired actuator to still be faulty. Company that repaired it insists its down to incorrect learning, but it will not remove the actuator fault code?

·
15,922 Posts
Try keeping the brake pedal pressed when attempting the relearn, it often helps.
But unless you are using firmware 1.39 and software version 100219a you will have issues. Anything with firmware 1.65, 1.70, 1.78, 1.9, 1.95 or 1.99 are all fake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts